Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should acquire Insomniac

Xxain said:
Nem said:
Honestly, it's avalanche studios that should be looked at for an aquisition. They have a cadence of 3 projects at a time. Any first party studios could do with that kind of output. Though, looking at the output of Sony's first party studios and seeing how they have moved to projects that are much longer than 2 years, Sony really should expand their studios. As i mentioned, i'd pick avalanche over Insomniac. Not every studio needs to make a 10/10 4-5 year project. 2 year average to good projects are also important to keep the scheduale busy and avalanche would be perfect for that. 3 games the quality of Rage 2/Just cause every 2 years is significant.

They were already acquired by another company 

They were aquired by a film company. Nordisk.

Yeah, it would require talks to make that work. I still think it would be a much better purchase than Insomniac though.

Around the Network

way too expensive and they betrayed sony by making overdrive for microsoft

ResilientFighter said:

way too expensive and they betrayed sony by making overdrive for microsoft

Betrayal? Really? Did they swore allegiance to Sony against their "enemies"?

It's not a fanboy war, it is a business. Of course they are allowed to accept other projects if they have free resources for that.

Than games like Sunset Overdrive wouldnt exist.. is that what you want?

twintail said:
BraLoD said:
Insomniac + From Software + Bluepoint + Quantic Dream.
Dem games

From Software already belongs to another company.

Fully aware of it.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

So, you're against manufacturer acquisitions?

Azzanation said:

no. sony was fine with sunset. they just wanted the IP. inso wanted to keep it

if sony had them. they woulda made it because duh they would own the IP 

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

You know what he is against

CGI-Quality said:
Azzanation said:

Aslong as its not Blizzard or Nintendo i couldnt care. I am just stating to the OP that sometimes being good and independent is fine, if the dev is struggling or poor than acquiring is fine in my opinion. All depends on the situation. In this case Insomniac are fine the way they are.. Remedy on the other hand..

CGI-Quality said:
flashfire926 said:
I don't want Insomniac to shutter after just one misstep or dud, so no thanks.

I assume you're saying that's what happens with studios under Sony. Couldn't be further from the truth. Evolution Studios and Zipper Interactive had several duds before the teams were disbanded, for example. And, that's not 100% a fault of Sony's. Those teams weren't pulling their weight, and in this business, that's money you're costing your employer. No one knows what went on behind closed doors, but it's obvious that they had many more problems than any of Sony's other teams.

The Motorstorm Series weren't duds. They were great games. Yes, Driveclub's launch was botched, but that was it. By the end of 2016 the game was an awesome racing game. That's not more than one dud.

Lets look at Geurilla Cambridge. They came off what people say is the most console-like experience on Vita (Killzone Mercenary). It's not their fault that the Vita failed. RIGS mechanized combat league also has a 78 on metacritic. Not their fault Sony made them work on PSVR game, either.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.