By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us has sold over 17 million copies as of April 2018

Kyuu said:
Well deserved. The best TPS of all time imo but... No joel, no buy. I demand my gaming husbando to be a playable character in the sequel!!

The Last of Us Part 2’s creators said Ellie is the only playable character, huge disappointment.



Around the Network

It's crazy how Mario Kart 8 has already sold 18 million+ counting the WiiU release. It might actually outsell Mario Kart Wii in the end. I think next gen remasters are a really good way of continuing a games sales legs. It's a no-brainer.



kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Mar1217 said:

And they've done nothing yet with the Switch and still pulls 10M+ seller in less than a year ... now bundling them would make them skyrocket xD

At the cost of what? Third party sales. Just No. Sony exclusives are also competing with the likes of GTA, COD and FIFA. Nice try trying to downplay The Last of Us' success though. Lol

Says the guy who's trying to downplay Switch First party sales ... damn hypocrisy, isn't it ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Holy crap that's amazing! Naughty Dog really created a masterpiece with this game and we shouldn't forget that this was a new IP from them so it's even more impressive!



Wow TLoU sold crazy well....



Around the Network

This is bitter-sweet for me. While the Last of Us is a good game and it deserves every copy sold, this seems like its just influencing Naughty Dog to focus solely on darker mature games. Who knows if we will ever see Jak 4. :'(



Mystro-Sama said:
This is bitter-sweet for me. While the Last of Us is a good game and it deserves every copy sold, this seems like its just influencing Naughty Dog to focus solely on darker mature games. Who knows if we will ever see Jak 4. :'(

ND is way past that, sorry.



Acevil said:
CosmicSex said:
VG Chartz Numbers are a wee bit off...

They wouldn't factor in Digital Sales.

I'm thinking that that would not make up for a 10+ million unit discrepancy but yes that probably part of it.



BraLoD said:
Mystro-Sama said:
This is bitter-sweet for me. While the Last of Us is a good game and it deserves every copy sold, this seems like its just influencing Naughty Dog to focus solely on darker mature games. Who knows if we will ever see Jak 4. :'(

ND is way past that, sorry.

Lol.  Look this is officially ND's top selling title by an unrealistically large margin.



CosmicSex said:
Acevil said:

They wouldn't factor in Digital Sales.

I'm thinking that that would not make up for a 10+ million unit discrepancy but yes that probably part of it.

VGC: 

PS4: 6.27 M

PS3: 6.27 M 

 

PS3+PS4 = 12.5 M 

 

17 - 12.5 = 4.5 M Discrepancy