By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us has sold over 17 million copies as of April 2018

xl-klaudkil said:
abronn627 said:

Having the game included with each PS4 in NA from july 14 to October 15 probably helped alot. Still a nice milestone for this game and well deserved for Naughty Dog.

And still its a sell,like i said noo matter how or when a copy sold is a copy sold just like any other game,even if there bundled like almost anybig game( nintendo bundles heavily! And so does mic)

And they've done nothing yet with the Switch and still pulls 10M+ seller in less than a year ... now bundling them would make them skyrocket xD



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Maxosaurus-rex said:
Mar1217 said:

I guess it has more to do with the deals linked with the PSN then ... I searched a bit to see when it was on PS + Monthly games but I couldn't find it.

I stand corrected

Hopefully they will add it the month TLOU2 releases. I didn't think it ever was but if they did I would have kicked myself for not grabbing it 

The PS3 version was (is?) available on PS Now. That's probably the source of his confusion.



Mar1217 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

And still its a sell,like i said noo matter how or when a copy sold is a copy sold just like any other game,even if there bundled like almost anybig game( nintendo bundles heavily! And so does mic)

And they've done nothing yet with the Switch and still pulls 10M+ seller in less than a year ... now bundling them would make them skyrocket xD

At the cost of what? Third party sales. Just No. Sony exclusives are also competing with the likes of GTA, COD and FIFA. Nice try trying to downplay The Last of Us' success though. Lol



If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Mar1217 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

And still its a sell,like i said noo matter how or when a copy sold is a copy sold just like any other game,even if there bundled like almost anybig game( nintendo bundles heavily! And so does mic)

And they've done nothing yet with the Switch and still pulls 10M+ seller in less than a year ... now bundling them would make them skyrocket xD

Maybw not in the usa,but here in eu you can get . Switch with mario,or splatoon or mario kart.

So what your saying most of the software sony sells with bundles? Lol.



 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

That is a lot higher than I thought! Good for them. I checked a couple different sources for the PS3 version, and from what I can tell that version sold about 7m. That means the PS4 version is actually the more popular version. I am guessing that is because the PS4 is a more popular platform?

This sort of thing may signal what type of performance the biggest Wii U titles will do on the Switch, only more extreme considering how big a flop the Wii U was.



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
That is a lot higher than I thought! Good for them. I checked a couple different sources for the PS3 version, and from what I can tell that version sold about 7m. That means the PS4 version is actually the more popular version. I am guessing that is because the PS4 is a more popular platform?

This sort of thing may signal what type of performance the biggest Wii U titles will do on the Switch, only more extreme considering how big a flop the Wii U was.

Mario Odyssey should do 20+ million. It has more to do with the fact that games just sell more now. The ceiling for 3D Mario was like 12 million before Odyssey. The ceiling for God Of War was 5 million before the PS4 game. Uncharted was 8 million before UC4. Zelda was 8 million before BotW. It keeps happening.

If a game is well recieved critically, it will sell better than any other in the series past. 2 million sales is the new 1 million.



I'm laughing at the guys trying their hardest to make that number look unimpressive. "But remaster, but PSN, but bundles, but but but...".

Pitiful.



What is impressive with that number and by the way I totally think it honest to have Remastered versions be counted, but to think this game is also on PS Now.



Faelco said:
I'm laughing at the guys trying their hardest to make that number look unimpressive. "But remaster, but PSN, but bundles, but but but...".

Pitiful.

And the latest: 'Games sell more now.' 



 

The PS5 Exists. 


LethalP said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
That is a lot higher than I thought! Good for them. I checked a couple different sources for the PS3 version, and from what I can tell that version sold about 7m. That means the PS4 version is actually the more popular version. I am guessing that is because the PS4 is a more popular platform?

This sort of thing may signal what type of performance the biggest Wii U titles will do on the Switch, only more extreme considering how big a flop the Wii U was.

Mario Odyssey should do 20+ million. It has more to do with the fact that games just sell more now. The ceiling for 3D Mario was like 12 million before Odyssey. The ceiling for God Of War was 5 million before the PS4 game. Uncharted was 8 million before UC4. Zelda was 8 million before BotW. It keeps happening.

If a game is well recieved critically, it will sell better than any other in the series past. 2 million sales is the new 1 million.

Well the economy is a lot better now than it was 5-10 years ago.  But more importantly PS4 and Switch are both popular platforms.  3DS and XBox1 are not really out there breaking sales records.