By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinte the next Combat Evolve?

E3 show cased an excellent and nostalgic trailer of the next Halo game. Now, some gamers probably don't know what's so good about the trailer they showed at E3 because there was very little, if not any Gameplay footage. Its all In Engine graphics.

Lets get started,

1) Halo Infinite trailer showcased a New Halo engine Slip Space. A bit late to be building a new engine don't you think?

2) The art style is one of the biggest things Halo fans would have picked up on, its the Traditional Halo visuals on a colourful world.

3) They also showed the Retro look of Master Chief's Helmet and armour, something that has dramatically changed when 343i took over.

4) The Original Halo 3 music (One Final Effort) played at the end of the Trailer when we saw the Chiefs Helmet.

5) When the camera viewed up into the sky, we saw the Halo Ring, last Halo game to be played on a Halo Ring was in Halo 3.. 4 Halo games ago.

6) 343i announced awhile ago about bringing back Local co-op.

7) 343i also announced that the game will be Played solely as the Master Chief.

8) In the shot down Pelican, the Screen reads Date 5/27/2560, that's 1 and a half years after the events of Halo 5.

9) In Halo Wars 2 they showed The Flood and Bruts returned, so basing Halo Infinite after Halo 5 could mean they might make an appearance.

10) The ancient writing on the Walls at the start of the trailer reads Enermy Within, could that be a Flood reference on the new Halo Ring Zeta?

11) No Release date.. so not a 2019 game? Could this be a next gen Launch game similar to Combat Evolve for original Xbox?

Now if we put this all together, It seems Halo Infinite might be the Halo Reboot that was rumoured but instead of being a full Reboot, it will still most likely be Halo 6 but with the Reboot being with the visuals and gameplay.. is Xbox giving Halo the Zelda BOTW treatment and making it a launch title for next gen systems while probably keeping it cross play between the XB2 and X1X? The game seems too early in development to release in 2019 and rumours have it that the next Xbox is due in 2020, a similar year that many speculate Halo Infinite will release as well.

Halo Infinite E3 2018 Trailer and Halo 3 One Final Effort Theme below,

It's quite amazing how a franchise that many assumed was dead or dying, and can gain so much attention and hype by just showing a Helmet of a character. 

What are your thoughts on the next Halo game?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 14 June 2018

Around the Network

I hope so. For me, Halo desperately needs a shot in the arm. If that means returning to its roots, in a brand new open-world environment, then so be it.

However, without gameplay footage, it's hard to be confident. 343 could hit it out of the park or could, just as easily, wrap poor AI, uninspired level design, and excessive world-building in a nostalgic coat of paint.

Ka-pi96 said:
You mean a horrendously repetitive game with the same few corridors repeated over and over again? No thanks!

If it were the next Halo 2 or 3 though, well then that would be fantastic!

Its not a remake of Halo 1, its the presentation and direction of the Halo heart and soul. Its clear its a new game and possibly Halo 6's story with Halo 1,2,3 game design. As much as Halo 1 is my least favourite game of the trilogy, it was ground breaking at the time and put Xbox on the map.. by itself.

This is going to be a very important game for 343. Halo 4 they got the story right, but whiffed on the MP. Halo 5 they got the MP mostly right, but whiffed on the story. They need to deliver the complete package with this game.

One thing we know for sure, that engine is gorgeous.

Not a big halo guy, but Halo back to the roots is something many people call and i'm sure a "soft reboot" would bring new and old fans.
I mean, fable lore is just too damn big!! Make things simple again, make people think "it's a new Halo, i can start here and i don't need to play any of the other games or read the huge lore".

Around the Network

I just hope they aren't simply thinking they can sell the game based on nostalgia. Too often these days studios try to use loopholes to continue selling games before buckling down and offering a truly worthy experience. Bungie themselves come to mind especially as of late.

With Halo 4 getting the story mostly right, and Halo 5 getting the multiplayer mostly right, you would have to hope they can put both together now and end up with the full package. If Halo Infinite does have it all, plus this new engine, it would be a massive system seller for new XB hardware.

I hope it's a return to form, this is the last time I'm giving 343i a chance, don't screw it up. I do however like what I'm already seeing from the short teaser

I'm one of the few people who thought 343 basically got almost nothing right with any of their Halo games. Pretty much not a single thing. I am really hopeful for this game, though.

I have actually pre-ordered it already.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

John2290 said:
Pemalite said:
I have actually pre-ordered it already.

Are you mad in the head? You'd pay for a game before you know anything at all about it...I hope ot's not digital preorder and you have a chance of a refund.

Not that strange some people pre ordered Kingdom hearts 3 4 years ago because they got confirmation mails that the game has a release date.