By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else slightly disappointed?

How would you rate how the year's shaping up so far?

Looks to be one of the best years in gaming. 10 14.29%

Solid year, several highl... 32 45.71%

Disappointing, some moder... 23 32.86%

Pure garbage, one of the ... 3 4.29%

Ok year, greatly anticipa... 2 2.86%

Total:70

For me is was disappointing.

E3 is meant to be the big show that is meant to surprise us. We wait 12 months for it and we should be wowed as they talk up the event as the gaming event of the year.

Microsoft got me some what excited and at least peaked my interest in how they handle next gen.

Sony, wasn't great but we are at the end of a life cycle and it showed solid games.

Nintendo being in it's second year very disappointing. I do not hate Smash but like common the presentation was bad. Most of that info should have been in the treehouse section of the event. They needed to wow us about the future and that is what was lacking. Sony managed to do that when they launched the PS4 and hence why and many others own one and not an xbox this gen.

Around the Network

This year is definitly one of the weakest in gaming. God of war and i guess RDR2 will be the highlights of the year. But, there wasn't a hell of a lot. We might see some more obscure titles nominated for game of the year.
But, next year is very promising. On the bright side, having a slow year helps combat the back catalog. ^^

I feel the same way, most of the interesting new stuff in 2019 (for me that would be FE Three Houses, Ori 2, Sekiro, Doom Eternal and Last of Us pt2)
Seems like the only AAA games I’ll be getting this year are God of War and the new Smash.

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk

Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ

Braid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7tZiowT_qM

I think if you are in the MS camp you would be quite happy with whats coming and announcements. For me, i dont need heaps of games to keep me happy, just need afew good ones why i said if you are in the MS camp you would be happy because they showed games for everyone.

Yeah. E3 2018 was rather meh for me. Not bad, not great either.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

2018 and 2019 should be good.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Where is VR? I didn't follow E3, probably for the best as I don't see VR mentioned anywhere. Wasn't MS supposedly going to do something with the MR headsets on X1X? Did Sony show anything big for VR at E3? It seems Tetris effect is my only highly anticipated game for now.

2018:
-Monster Hunter World
-Dragon Ball Fighter Z
-Yakuza 6
-Kingdom Come Deliverance
-Kirby Star Allies
-God Of War
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Far Cry 5
-A Way Out
-Fe
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Detroit Become Human
-Soulcaliber 6
-Spider-Man
-Red Dead Redemption 2
-Fallout 76
-Smash Bros Ultimate
-Tales of Vesperia
-Tomb Raider
-Pokémon
-Mario Party

This looks like one of the strongest and most varied years in gaming I've seen in quite some time. I can understand that these games aren't quite as genre defining as last year's, but they still seem exceptionally strong. As far as this year's E3 goes, it was definitely one of the weakest I've seen.

SvennoJ said:
Where is VR? Denial.

I didn't follow E3, probably for the best as I don't see VR mentioned anywhere. Anger?

Wasn't MS supposedly going to do something with the MR headsets on X1X? Bargaining.

Did Sony show anything big for VR at E3? Depression.

It seems Tetris effect is my only highly anticipated game for now. Acceptance

You might want to sit down....I don't know how to tell you this. VR was very sick so we took him to the hospital.....the developers said there was nothing more they could do.

VR is dead, NINTENDO LABO 02: ROBOT KIT is the future.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

SvennoJ said:
Where is VR? Denial.

I didn't follow E3, probably for the best as I don't see VR mentioned anywhere. Anger?

Wasn't MS supposedly going to do something with the MR headsets on X1X? Bargaining.

Did Sony show anything big for VR at E3? Depression.

It seems Tetris effect is my only highly anticipated game for now. Acceptance

You might want to sit down....I don't know how to tell you this. VR was very sick so we took him to the hospital.....the developers said there was nothing more they could do.

VR is dead, NINTENDO LABO 02: ROBOT KIT is the future.

Ha, that reminds me. My son got the Robot kit for his birthday from his grand dad. We built the headpiece, then he lost interest. Now he's playing Fortnight on the Switch instead. And I wanted to give him the variety set as well, dodged that bullet...