By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else slightly disappointed?

How would you rate how the year's shaping up so far?

Looks to be one of the best years in gaming. 10 14.29%

Solid year, several highl... 32 45.71%

Disappointing, some moder... 23 32.86%

Pure garbage, one of the ... 3 4.29%

Ok year, greatly anticipa... 2 2.86%

Total:70
Mar1217 said:
First - Would've been nice if you could put at least a more "neutral" option in pool,plz ?

Cuz I definitely and personally don't feel the same intensity or sheer number/quality of games we got last year (or course, I main a Switch/3DS so it goes with it) in comparaison with this year. Though it doesn't seem I have nothing foward to look at :

Octopath Traveler, Mario Tennis Aces, Starlink x StarFox, Shovel Knight last campaign expansion, Xenoblade 2 : Torna the Golden City, Smash Bros Ultimate, Monster Boy: The Cursed Kingdom and whatever will taunt me enough, all that will make it another great year of gaming for myself.

But I still get the feeling that a lot of what was shown at this E3 was more a setup to the upcoming 2019 or next gen, which let me down a bit and also get me excited like crazy at the same time with stuff like :

Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, Daemon x Machina, Yoshi, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V ... any upcoming stuff that'll be announced during this year and the next.

So, mixed bag but can always look foward to something good/great and fresh ^^

Check the poll. Better?

Waiting on reviews for Octopath. Looking forward to King Knight's campaign, Smash, and Xenoblade DLC.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
Megaoverlord12 said:
Mar1217 said:
First - Would've been nice if you could put at least a more "neutral" option in pool,plz ?

Cuz I definitely and personally don't feel the same intensity or sheer number/quality of games we got last year (or course, I main a Switch/3DS so it goes with it) in comparaison with this year. Though it doesn't seem I have nothing foward to look at :

Octopath Traveler, Mario Tennis Aces, Starlink x StarFox, Shovel Knight last campaign expansion, Xenoblade 2 : Torna the Golden City, Smash Bros Ultimate, Monster Boy: The Cursed Kingdom and whatever will taunt me enough, all that will make it another great year of gaming for myself.

But I still get the feeling that a lot of what was shown at this E3 was more a setup to the upcoming 2019 or next gen, which let me down a bit and also get me excited like crazy at the same time with stuff like :

Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, Daemon x Machina, Yoshi, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V ... any upcoming stuff that'll be announced during this year and the next.

So, mixed bag but can always look foward to something good/great and fresh ^^

Check the poll. Better?

Waiting on reviews for Octopath. Looking forward to King Knight's campaign, Smash, and Xenoblade DLC.

Satisfied, thanks !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Looking back on the shows just now, I remembered one pretty big development that has been largely overlooked.....

The addition of third-party, AAA games to Game Pass is a pretty huge deal. No, they're not brand new. But, if MS can continue to get some of the heavy hitters on Game Pass, and maybe try to get to things that are no more than a year past release, that service will be great.

I'm not a subscriber.....yet. I think I will be soon though.

I don't think it's turning disappointing. There are upcoming games that I'm expecting such as Spider-man, and others I haven't bought just yet, like God of War. This year is not bombastic, but it's hardly a terrible year.

2017 was far worse. E3 was actually pretty good I thought, but can easily understand if someone was underwhelmed. Devil May Cry is just one of those games that really had my heart pounding, and when a game you hope gets announced does and it looks amazing it can send someone soaring.

Smash (as a competitive player) was a bit of a let down, I expect more to be announced though so it just is what it is for now. 

Deamon X Machina, if they get some skells in there I'd be excited. Other than that probably skip

Fire Emblem looks good....

Death Stranding needs to shit or get off the pot. Seriously watching Norman Reedus carry a fetus is getting VERY boring at this point. Norman Reedus carry a fetus, that's fire!

Halo looks good, and the old school style of it should make Halo fans VERY excited

Gears looks great

Forza looks great

Beyond Good and Evil 2, awesome to see Jade make her current gen debut, hype

Resi 2 looks like they aren't holding anything back! Looks great

Cyberpunk 2077 is looking great! People who played the demo said it went beyond their expectations. Definitely one to look out for

Don't give a crap about Spiderman.

Last Of Us looks good, I'm not interested though, skip for me

Soul Caliber 6 looks good

Dead Or Alive looks great!

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 14 June 2018

Around the Network

I was Dissapointed by my games not showing up or having any gameplay. I wanted to see Darksiders 3, Cyberpunk 2077, The Avengers game, and A Rocksteady game. But that's personal dissapointment, overall it was an okay e3.

I wasn't blown away, but I wasn't disappointed either. I didn't expect this year to be as good as 2017 though. Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the type of game that comes out once every 10-20 years. I would have been shocked to see a game that good again. Also I expected Nintendo to announce mostly smaller games (other than Smash Bros.) But I have several games I want to play, and I already have several games that are already out that I still need to play. So, I'm good, but I guess my expectations were not that high.

I can't be disappointed when they revealed RE2, the new Smash, and announced DMC5.
Oh and I really liked the KH3 trailers.
I don't mind that they come out in 6+ months.

I have been disappointed with some E3's. I think it was last year's? I don't even remember what was announced at that one.

The biggest surprise of the whole E3 was Control. Everything else we either saw before or knew was coming.

i was a little disappointed at first, but that's only because i really wanted some information on metroid prime 4.
however, i realize now that between my backlog and the number of games that are actually coming out, i'll never play as many games as i would like to.
also, battletoads was announced. so i have no right to complain about anything. praise the toads.