By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite on Nintendo Switch has been downloaded 2 million times in its first day

Cerebralbore101 said:

Fortnite is dumb. I hate it when Nintendo, Sony, and MS give attention to crappy games like Fortnite, or PubG, while ignoring other studios that make much better games for their consoles.

Sony, in particular, has hawked Destiny 2, practically shoving it down my throat, while infinitely better games like Disgaea 5, Yakuza 6, and Ni No Kuni, get zero marketing effort from Sony. 

it's arguably the biggest game in the world right now, for it not to come to switch would have been a massive miss step, this isn't just a late port coming after the buzz has died down, this is the game which everyone is talking about and playing right now coming to the Switch for free with effectively all the content people get on the other systems.

you might not like the game, but you should like a gaming world where Nintendo get this sort of game while it's current.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Nautilus said:

While I agree with you, Fortnite is a huge game, and even if it dosent pull in many new gamers to the Switch, its always a positive news for the console itself and if the game does well, it improves the relation betwenn Nintendo and that developer, which could bring new games.

For Nintendo, something as big as fortnite might be too early for their switch userbase. That may end up hurting their third party relationships when it's all said and done. Fortnite can swallow other games and the purchasing power of their users can be affected because money don't grow on trees. Even in consoles you see that kind of problem. I think they should've waited a lot longer when their userbase is a bigger than today.

I dont agree with this at all.Fortnite is a very specific kind of game, and most players play the game without spending a dime on it.Saying that Fortnite will shallow all attention to itself is the same saying that launching the switch with BOTW was a mistake because Zelda would ofuscate all the attention to itself and thus third parties games wouldnt find success at that moment.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

kurasakiichimaruALT said:
Nautilus said:

While I agree with you, Fortnite is a huge game, and even if it dosent pull in many new gamers to the Switch, its always a positive news for the console itself and if the game does well, it improves the relation betwenn Nintendo and that developer, which could bring new games.

For Nintendo, something as big as fortnite might be too early for their switch userbase. That may end up hurting their third party relationships when it's all said and done. Fortnite can swallow other games and the purchasing power of their users can be affected because money don't grow on trees. Even in consoles you see that kind of problem. I think they should've waited a lot longer when their userbase is a bigger than today.

Waiting for a larger userbase doesn't seem like a good strategy based on how fast these types of games seem to go out of style.

Well deserved.
I love this game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

-Increased Nintendo accounts
-Good for future online service
-Free
-Short port delay
-'AAA' game
-BIG game
-Under represented genre, good for Splatoon/Metroid.
-Voice chat solved
-Sony backlash

Epic have done more to support Nintendo than virtually every 3rd party for the past 20 years.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

I wonder how many of those will still be playing in six months.

Pyro as Bill said:
-Increased Nintendo accounts
-Good for future online service
-Free
-Short port delay
-'AAA' game
-BIG game
-Under represented genre, good for Splatoon/Metroid.
-Voice chat solved
-Sony backlash

Epic have done more to support Nintendo than virtually every 3rd party for the past 20 years.

Epicdoes what Nintendon't?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

AlfredoTurkey said:
I wonder how many of those will still be playing in six months.

Time to play the meta battle royale.

Any updated numbers?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Any updated numbers?

At least 2,000,001 by now