By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fortnite on Nintendo Switch has been downloaded 2 million times in its first day

Johnw1104 said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah.for some reason, Epic managed to get voice chat working on Switch but not Nintendo.Go figure what Nintendo is thinking when they make decisions like that.

I'm no fan of the route Nintendo went with voice chat, but they'd wanted to make something that would allow it even when there's no access to wifi.

Not really defending, but that was the rationale behind it apparently. You'd think they could offer both.

I know, but I think we can all agree that making those both choices available would be the better decision.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Tbh I didn't think the game would take off that quickly.

It's both popular and free. Thar practically guarantees instant million downloads. I'm surprised Fallout Shelter hasn't reached at least  1m downloads by now.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nautilus said:
KLAMarine said:
So it has voice chat? Huh, didn't know but I thought something was up.

Yeah.for some reason, Epic managed to get voice chat working on Switch but not Nintendo.Go figure what Nintendo is thinking when they make decisions like that.

Nintendo should be able to easily but I think they'd prefer to get their app on your phone one way or another.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLAMarine said:
So it has voice chat? Huh, didn't know but I thought something was up.

It has? Can you use it on the Switch, or do you need the Splatoon device to do so?

I didn't try it out. I don't care for voice chat or at least not enough to give it a try.

Johnw1104 said:
Nautilus said:

I'm no fan of the route Nintendo went with voice chat, but they'd wanted to make something that would allow it even when there's no access to wifi.

Not really defending, but that was the rationale behind it apparently. You'd think they could offer both.

Why would you use voice chat if you're not connected to wifi? It's not like you could play any games online with your friends if you're not connected to wifi.

Johnw1104 said:
Nautilus said:

No wifi? what's point of voice chat then? Wouldn't the people your playing with be in the same room as you if your not using wifi?

Cuase you can't play online without wifi, so...?

MrWayne said:
Johnw1104 said:

Why would you use voice chat if you're not connected to wifi? It's not like you could play any games online with your friends if you're not connected to wifi.

thinking same thing. no need for voice chat if no wifi. No wifi, means no online playing, thus people in same room. We already have the technology to talk to someone in the same room.

Around the Network

Fortnite is dumb. I hate it when Nintendo, Sony, and MS give attention to crappy games like Fortnite, or PubG, while ignoring other studios that make much better games for their consoles.

Sony, in particular, has hawked Destiny 2, practically shoving it down my throat, while infinitely better games like Disgaea 5, Yakuza 6, and Ni No Kuni, get zero marketing effort from Sony. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

Fortnite is dumb. I hate it when Nintendo, Sony, and MS give attention to crappy games like Fortnite, or PubG, while ignoring other studios that make much better games for their consoles.

Sony, in particular, has hawked Destiny 2, practically shoving it down my throat, while infinitely better games like Disgaea 5, Yakuza 6, and Ni No Kuni, get zero marketing effort from Sony. 

While I agree with you, Fortnite is a huge game, and even if it dosent pull in many new gamers to the Switch, its always a positive news for the console itself and if the game does well, it improves the relation betwenn Nintendo and that developer, which could bring new games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

MrWayne said:
Johnw1104 said:

Errr playing while tethered to your phone via 3g or 4g? 

Does not explain nintendos choice but still a way to play without Wi-Fi.

Spindel said:
MrWayne said:

Errr playing while tethered to your phone via 3g or 4g? 

Does not explain nintendos choice but still a way to play without Wi-Fi.

Wifi, phone tethering, same thing.

The point is, Fortnite lets you use headphones with mic's on them to voice chat. Doesn't matter if using wifi or phone tethering, or whatever connection. You can talk with people without that weird phone dongle thing.

Nautilus said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

While I agree with you, Fortnite is a huge game, and even if it dosent pull in many new gamers to the Switch, its always a positive news for the console itself and if the game does well, it improves the relation betwenn Nintendo and that developer, which could bring new games.

For Nintendo, something as big as fortnite might be too early for their switch userbase. That may end up hurting their third party relationships when it's all said and done. Fortnite can swallow other games and the purchasing power of their users can be affected because money don't grow on trees. Even in consoles you see that kind of problem. I think they should've waited a lot longer when their userbase is a bigger than today.

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p