By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee looks much better than I expected

Everything looks fine except wild Pokemon catching, which looks like an absolute snore.

Around the Network

im super hyped for it. got my pokeball bundle ordered

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I think it looks quite pleasant and will likely turn out well, but if you're super into the deeper aspects of Pokemon, I doubt it will end up being for you. I generally play Pokemon to get through the main aspects of it and because I like the pleasant, coming-of-age adventure it offers, so I might enjoy this - but it's not a high priority for me. Especially not if other RPGs like Pillars of Eternity 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Vesperia Remastered turn out well on Switch and launch around the same time.

It does look good and brings back many memories.

There are going to be alot of OP beginners starting off with Mew

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 June 2018

I was disappointed with the reveal, the fact that you cant battle to catch pokemon and the hideous boxart. Definitely appeals to the Pokemon Go players.

That said, having watched it again, it just brought me back to a kid and you know Pokemon is one of the strongest nostalgic trips anyone can have. I watched it agian, graphically it's good, and the animations look crisp. I like how expressive the characters as well. I'm gonna buy it...

Around the Network

agreed i think this looks very good also

shikamaru317 said:
It looks good, but I'm really quite annoyed about the paywall they placed on Mew. You can only get Mew if you buy the Pokeball+ controller, and because it's a Nintendo accessory, you know that scalpers will buy them all up and sell them at 3x mark-up, so that's extra annoying if you're a big Mew fan like me.

As if they would buy EVERY copy of the game that comes as a pokeball bundle and all the balls on earth. This is in no way limited, it comes with the games and as a stand-alone, so you can get it easily at any proper retailer for an average pile of bucks. If you don't get it during the first days and it's then gone, it's no-one's fault but yours.

shikamaru317 said:
It looks good, but I'm really quite annoyed about the paywall they placed on Mew. You can only get Mew if you buy the Pokeball+ controller, and because it's a Nintendo accessory, you know that scalpers will buy them all up and sell them at 3x mark-up, so that's extra annoying if you're a big Mew fan like me.

I'm not sure if this will ever have bank features, so I'm not tooo worried. Beyond already having a couple mews in my bank, without any of these pokemon being able to come to the new game in 2019 it becomes irrelivent. I'ts like Pokémon Quest. Sure getting all 151 may be cool, but not like you can transfer that mew to your bank and use in other games.

Did they say he is exclusive to the ball? Maybe he is also a secret boss in the game, just the ball lets you play with him from beginning versus being just end game, which I'm not sure how much of a endgame this will have.

nemo37 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
hmm, it's not really doing it for me. Graphically it's the best Pokemon game I've seen, but I was playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth while watching the video and that looks better to me. That was originally only a Vita game, yet Pokemon can't match it for graphics? Pokemon surely has a much larger budget too...

As for the gameplay, the wild Pokemon "battles" look incredibly boring. I hate that random encounters are gone, although I guess with how boring and repetitive wild Pokemon will be the ability to completely avoid those won't be such a bad thing.

I just watched the Treehouse gameplay, when you walk into the grass you will have random encounters. So there seems to be a mix of the player being able to choose what they approach and wild Pokemon randomly attacking players.

There is no random encounters. Sometimes you just might not have seen the small caterpie or something in the grass. The couple times it appeared to be a random encounter were immediately after a battle the person went to run. This would be the pokemon loading up/popping up in the grass and the person not seeing them

I mean sure, the graphics look better, but who wasn't expecting that with the leap from 3ds to Switch?? Gameplay looks awful. The game actively refuses to let you into gyms without a Pokemon that has a super effective type matchup in your team, lowering the challenge to below zero, the trainers we've seen have been nerfed from their original appearances (no L10 Weedle in Viridian, only L4s and the gym trainer in Brock's gym only has a single L6 Geodude. There's a point where even for newcomers/kids it becomes insultingly easy. Add to that the replacement of Blue with another friendly character who gifts you potions and perfect IV Pokemon, and this one seems more and more like a visual novel as Soon/M/US/UM were rather than a proper RPG.

I am starting to like it too. I might consider buying it, but not before I see some reviews.