Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

EA 1 0.53%

Microsoft 94 50.00%

Bethesda 18 9.57%

Square Enix 1 0.53%

Ubisoft 7 3.72%

Sony 41 21.81%

Nintendo 20 10.64%

Devolver 1 0.53%

Limited Run Games 2 1.06%

PC Gaming Show 3 1.60%

Total:188

Bethesda easily won because they showed/revealed the best games. That's what this is about....games, right?

Around the Network

Objectively, MS had a better show but my personal pick is sony.

Microsoft>Bethesda>Ubi
Sony and Nintendo tied imho
EA comes in last as usual.
Not sure where to place square, somewhere around sony and nintendo.
This E3 was pretty lackluster in general, for me.

1.Microsoft: 8/10, well paced, full of games, some nice trolling and first party exclusives + declaration of intent with the 5 new studios.
2.Bethesda: 6.5/10, too bad Rage 2 got leaked but it looks great anyways, Doom Eternal is cool and Skyrim Very Special Edition made my day.
3.Ubisoft: 6/10, a bit cringy at the start but an overall decent show with games for everyone and good diversity.
4.Sony: 4/10, tone down the music and all the talking and it would be half-decent, but there still were only 8 games vs 40~50 and some of them were announced two years ago.
5.Nintendo: 3/10, it had a good start but quickly turned into an absolute trainwreck with the Fire Emblem delay and the intentional waste of 25 minutes in Smash to fill for the lack of games.
6.Square: 3/10, a couple of PS4/PC exclusives and the rest was already known ages ago and/or shown by Microsoft the day before.
7.EA: 2/10 I'm convinced they do it on purpose.

Microsoft had the best one then Ninty then ubisoft/Bethesda and then Sony and then everyone else with EA last ofcourse

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

I hope the mods are hot on the trail of that renegade who voted for EA , I know you can do it just use all those mad tracking skills you got from hundreds of hours playing Monster Hunter.
Memo . any good materials carved off should be sent to me, but seeing it involves EA I won't hold my breath.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

XB > Bethesda > Sony > EA > Nintendo - I liked Devolver. I just don't really know how to compare it to the others.

Microsoft had the best show, in terms of information revealed. That, in turn, made it the most interesting show to watch. It was also just a good quality presentation. It is my number 1 by far.

Nintendo's show, while maybe not the worst, was the biggest disappointment to me. There was a serious lack of details about everything other than Switch, plus some glaring omissions. Also, I'd like to know what they had a translator doing all the narration during the Smash segment Why not just get a professional narrator that makes it sound interesting?

Sony was good, but there were no real surprises. So, it just wasn't particularly interesting. Plus, that intermission really killed the flow.

Bethesda was surprisingly good, IMO. They gave some teases, and went in depth on a couple games, and just had some interesting show content.

EA was unimpressive, which I expected. I was hoping for more Anthem, and didn't get it.

mjk45 said:
I hope the mods are hot on the trail of that renegade who voted for EA , I know you can do it just use all those mad tracking skills you got from hundreds of hours playing Monster Hunter.
Memo . any good materials carved off should be sent to me, but seeing it involves EA I won't hold my breath.

No need... it was me😜

I am just really excited about Anthem... Easily my most anticipated game... and since it was only shown at the EA conference...

Games out of MS that I am looking for is Crackdown which had a new coat of paint that looked better than the last showings, the new Gears actually look more interesting as the gameplay look different. Ori is one of my favorites and it looked absolutely awesome (if MS does not already own that studio then need to set a price and do it). Forza Horizon looked great. Conference wise MS pacing, announcements, keeping the talk low and showing a bunch of games I cannot wait to play MS win it hands down. Exclusive wise no, they are not going to change anyone minds but under Phil it does seem that MS is still committed to the system and hopefully Ninja Theory and that other new San Monica studio produce some games on the same level of polish Sony has shone to make.

Sony big 4 are all games I feel I definitely will play so on a games front, Sony still has my heart. The problem with what Sony showed for their 4 big game is that a release date outside of Spider man. That lead us to believe we will not see those games for another year. There was way to much talking and having the music play before the demos just killed the pacing. Not that much really shone and nothing to get excited about since there are a big gap when we will see any of the bigger games from Sony.

After that everyone else was pretty good
Bethesda - 7.5
Ubisoft - 6.0

Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft.

Smash and Mario party omg.
Sony showed off re2 remake and nioh 2.
Microsoft showed off sekiro and jump force.

Microsoft had a much better conference but most of the games were multiplat with the usual halo, gears, forza trifecta.

I am excited for the new halo and that new engine. I’m very intrigued. Gears was meh. Forza was beautiful.

Sony spent too much time on last of us and death stranding and still no release dates.

So mine is Nintendo cause they showed a lot of stuff that’s actually releasing this year.

Ea and square? Why did they even bother showing up?