Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" /> Ubisoft/Bethesda > Sony > Nintendo > EA > Square Enix" />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

Who Had The Best E3 2018 Press Conference / Show

EA 1 0.53%

Microsoft 94 50.00%

Bethesda 18 9.57%

Square Enix 1 0.53%

Ubisoft 7 3.72%

Sony 41 21.81%

Nintendo 20 10.64%

Devolver 1 0.53%

Limited Run Games 2 1.06%

PC Gaming Show 3 1.60%

Total:188

Sony. They have the most quality AAA games coming exclusively to them. Many other big points in other conferences were old ps4 games being announced for the platform. While Sony might not have shown 50 games or whatever, most of these are coming to ps4 anyway so it doesn't lose out as a result.

Ps4 sales are far ahead of the likes of the xbox and this conference won't do anything to change that. If anything ps4 will outsell it by more. Therefore I can't even imagine how this was a better conference.

The last of us, spiderman, ghost, nioh 2 and death stranding. No conference can compete with that.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

Can we just have a "no one exceeded mediocrity" option? Outside of EA no one was truly terrible, but what a boring, unimpressive E3 all around!

Yeah, I was ever so slightly let down by Bethesda - and they were, by far, the best in my opinion. 

Nintendo could have simply shown gameplay and or cinematics from a few games we already know about and dropped a casual line about a 2019 game that hasn't already been announced, and my perspective would have shifted a lot. This E3 gave us very little that we didn't know about or expect for this year, and no vision for next year.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Kerotan said:
Sony. They have the most quality AAA games coming exclusively to them. Many other big points in other conferences were old ps4 games being announced for the platform. While Sony might not have shown 50 games or whatever, most of these are coming to ps4 anyway so it doesn't lose out as a result.

Ps4 sales are far ahead of the likes of the xbox and this conference won't do anything to change that. If anything ps4 will outsell it by more. Therefore I can't even imagine how this was a better conference.

The last of us, spiderman, ghost, nioh 2 and death stranding. No conference can compete with that.

Pretty much all this. This E3 will not be favorable in the future. Can't believe how many people think anyone had aa good showing though. I can't give Sony the nod because of the boring missteps and lack of information. They clearly have the games though  

Undecided, but the most shitty one by far was EA, as expected.

This E3 wasnt that great. Only Microsoft Bethesda and Ubisoft had enjoyable presentation and MS by far was the best of the big 3.
Microsoft (Lots of 3rd party games but all games announced im pretty much excited for Halo,Gears 5, DMC5 and Battletoads being my favorite announcements>Ubisoft (BGE2 looks so fucking good) > Bethesda (Announcements for new games)> Nintendo (Its just for smash and FE for me pretty much tied with Sony)> Sony (Dropped the fucking ball with me. No new things that interest me and the gameplay shown didnt interest me. TLOU already wasnt a masterpiece for me and it doesnt seem like the next one will change my opinion on it, Ghost of Tsushima doesnt interest me and no MediEvil being shown sucks aswell)> Square (They litereally didnt do anything) > EA (Fuck EA)

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Yup thats all i care about when grading E3, and sony has the games first party looks great, and third party support is great as well the best of any platform. I don't know how anybody could think nintendo conference was good, it was basically a smash 4 enhanced port show, it looks the same as  wiiu smash from 2013, which wasn't a looker to begin with, and switch is way more capable.

Last edited by quickrick - on 13 June 2018

StokedUp said:
The ironic thing for me voting MICROSOFT, is im a ps4 owner but the Microsoft conference shown me more games coming out for ps4 than any of the other conferences.

The irony has indeed not eluded me. I took a straight road and voted Sony cause what you say on top of the amazing Sony exclusives makes the PS4 by far the best place to game this gen. But if we are to strictly judge the conferences and nothing else, I agree it's Microsoft that takes the win this year.

Microsoft won on style and mega announcements. The ending segway to Cyberpunk was just killer-well played. Overall MS, Ubisoft and Bethesda were the top 3 for me.

I thought MS showed plenty of first party.

Cuphead and Sea of Thieves Updates
Halo Infinite
Ori
Gears 5 & PoP (lol)
Forza Horizon 4
Crackdown 3 campaign Gameplay trailer
Battletoads
Announced new non- racer game from Playground in developent
New Santa Monica studio headed by former Crystal Dynamics head Darrell Gallagher

And the ton of multiplats and games from Japanese studios were mostly juicy first looks. The presentation and pacing was great, saw tons of great looking upcoming content.

I thought Sony tried to get artsy-fartsy, coffee house performances on us and as such the pacing fell flat on its face. TLoU 2 and Spidey looked fantastic as expected. The best showing of that conference i thought was RE2 and Ghost of Tsushima. I don't get Death Stranding, its not exciting me after what i saw.

What is apparent is MS and Sony have roughly 1 big exclusive the rest of this year (Horizon 4, Spiderman), so the landscape is looking very multiplat focused this fall.

Last edited by Mafioso - on 13 June 2018

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

I have never owned an Xbox console but I can say confidently that MS won this E3 and it wasn't even close. Sony and Nintendo seemed to have forgotten what E3 is about. MS had the most content, the best presentation, and demonstrated concrete steps to address their biggest weakness (1st party support)

MS 8/10
Nintendo 4/10
Sony 3/10

I don't watch 3rd party cobferrnes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

+ StarFox trailer
+ Command n Conquer
+ Fortnite crossplay backlash against Sony

- StarFox game
- Command n Conquer demo

-4/10

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!