By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us 2 Gameplay and Death Stranding Trailer

I liked what I saw about gameplay for The Last Of Us Part II . It does not seem that much was changed besides animations and character reactions. Good stuff. Can´t wait to try it myself

As for Death Stranding.... well.... the visuals are gorgeous but we only saw the character walking and climbing (that brought me some Breath of The Wild memories.... climbing everywhere). Will the gameplay all evolve around hiding yourself from ghosts?

Around the Network
twintail said:
I think ppl are going to be legit surprised by Death Stranding.

Yep. I think that everybody should be reserved about DS trailer. Kojima is definitely being a troll 100%.

KBG29 said: 

Death Stranding is still just teasing. Kojima said there will be gunplay, ways to brute force your way through the game, but that is not his intention. The walking simulator trailer he put out was just him trolling, because that's what Kojima does. As a showpiece for this conference, I was not in the mood for what we saw, but I know there is a lot more to come, and this game is still a long ways off.

I think Kojima has done more than enough teasing with this game with the weird cinematic trailers. It is now past time to finally show us what the gameplay mechanics actually are. Gamers (including me) are losing interest with this stupid mysterious approach. 

Death Stranding looked like a walking simulator wrapped in complete nonsense. My interest level for that one is at the minimum.

Signature goes here!

2 of the best and most hyped exclusives the industry has in the pipeline. Sony not resting on their laurels. They just keep pumping out hit after hit and I think these will be 2 more.

Around the Network

The Last of Us 2 looked great and definitely exceeded all my expectations.

But Death Stranding looked like a Walking Simulator, so far I am not impressed by this game.

TLOU2 looks better in every single way. Death Stranding looks great but we need more. I've read the snippet of info they released but that's not enough to hold people's interest. Hopefully we can get very VERY indepth info and gameplay on this game and we can expect during PSX, specially since it's more focused on discussion with the developers and not just flashy trailer.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

If Death Stranding a walking simulator, even Kojima can't save it.

For me Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman were the games of the show

Kerotan said:
2 of the best and most hyped exclusives the industry has in the pipeline. Sony not resting on their laurels. They just keep pumping out hit after hit and I think these will be 2 more.

Thats right. Both are DAY 1 for me : )

Dr.Vita said:
The Last of Us 2 looked great and definitely exceeded all my expectations.

But Death Stranding looked like a Walking Simulator, so far I am not impressed by this game.

"Death Stranding" will have many surprises (also in the gameplay) in future, thats sure my friend : D 100 % ;)

Heavenly_King said:
For me Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman were the games of the show

Both are impressive, yes. Ghost of Tsushima is my highlight too.