By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us 2 Gameplay and Death Stranding Trailer

Tbh all four PS exclusives shown set the bar so high, no other game on E3 could surpass any of them. Sony is really in a league of its own atm.
Both Death Stranding and TLOUp2 made me rub my eyes in disbelief. Especially the animations and lighting are above anything I would have expected to be possible this gen.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Death Stranding was extremely intriguing for me, but I am not at all surprised at the negativity in here. After all, I remember the massive hate Heavy Rain got after its first trailer, with some of the same recycled complaints. ^_^

The Last Of Us Part II? Nothing to say but good things. Best looking game by a long shot, with meaty and weighty interactions and gameplay elements.

I've got a feeling TLOU II could be cross gen PS4 and PS5. It looks too good.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Make no mistake about Death Stranding, it will have some killer gameplay and mechanics. What I saw was shit though.

Azzanation said:
loy310 said:
Did not like what i saw from both. Both gameplay looks generic AF. TLOU2 looks like a kill simulator. While DS just look like straight up trash.

Ouch.

TLOU PT2 is a definite pick up for me, visually  impressive like always however i did get a Division Vibe from that gameplay footage. They could have shown a better part of the game. Oh well its just a Demo teaser.

As for Death Stranding.. no thanks, walking simulations can jump. Especially when its a confusing story like it is. Ill wait and see before jumping on board that game. 

I see what you're saying about the Division, mainly in visual style. But the gameplay was less about hiding behind things and more about running around the map finding different ways to kill enemies wether it be grabbing them and using them as shields, choking them out or whatever, like the first game. I think if anything it's what the Division needed more of. But with it being multiplayer it probably would be difficult to implament some of that hostage stuff. 

Anyone else think Naughty Dog are in a leauge of their own in terms of gameplay animations? How no matter what you choose to do in the gameplay, it all contextually blends together. There's almost no seam in animation transitions. Ever since The Last Of Us on PS3, they've been in a leauge of their own.

Around the Network

Death Stranding right now gives me Alien and Silent Hill vibes of horror. Everything around it looks amazing, just need to see how it plays.

Last of Us looks like Naughty Dog once again improves on their Uncharted / LoU formula. Part of me wants this to continue and part of me hopes they do another new IP on PS5. For now I am pumped to play as Ellie...next year?

TLOU2 started off a bit familiar, but the more that unfolded, the more amazing it became. Melee combat seems the most improved with useful dodges, reactive enemies, and nasty combos. AI could also be a big leap if this all remains intact in the final game, with impressive contextual interactions and convincing behaviors. Presentation is obviously gorgeous with rich foliage and sophisticated lighting and animation. Then there's all the little things in Naughty Dog's attention to detail; the continuity in your equipment and ammo, physically grabbing a bundle of loose arrows off the floor, pulling one out of a corpse or your bloody shoulder, the viscera of a nasty kill, knocking against and being thrown around the environment in a desperate brawl. Of particular note is the quality of facial animation on every character even during normal gameplay (pause the video in a fight and note all the expressions), which again I hope will be representative of the final game. Damn fine stuff.

Don't sleep on Kojima. He loves misdirection and hasn't made a bad game in ages. I'm sure there's a lot more meat to DS's gameplay that he just, frustratingly, hasn't shown yet.

Nymeria said:
Death Stranding right now gives me Alien and Silent Hill vibes of horror. Everything around it looks amazing, just need to see how it plays

Everything is possible with Death Stranding : D So exciting : )

TallSilhouette said:
TLOU2 started off a bit familiar, but the more that unfolded, the more amazing it became. Melee combat seems the most improved with useful dodges, reactive enemies, and nasty combos. AI could also be a big leap if this all remains intact in the final game, with impressive contextual interactions and convincing behaviors. Presentation is obviously gorgeous with rich foliage and sophisticated lighting and animation. Then there's all the little things in Naughty Dog's attention to detail; the continuity in your equipment and ammo, physically grabbing a bundle of loose arrows off the floor, pulling one out of a corpse or your bloody shoulder, the viscera of a nasty kill, knocking against and being thrown around the environment in a desperate brawl. Of particular note is the quality of facial animation on every character even during normal gameplay (pause the video in a fight and note all the expressions), which again I hope will be representative of the final game. Damn fine stuff.

Don't sleep on Kojima. He loves misdirection and hasn't made a bad game in ages.

I could not have said that better - good words, my thoughts =) Thanks for your comment!

^ I'd rather a stealth game rely on good sound design than wallhacks for sneaking around enemies. Fortunately ND keeps improving in this area as well. Hopefully the game employs some sort of 3D audio to take it to the next level. Wouldn't complain about the 'sound vision' returning for easier difficulties, though.

Xxain said:
twintail said:
I think ppl are going to be legit surprised by Death Stranding.

Yep. I think that everybody should be reserved about DS trailer. Kojima is definitely being a troll 100%.

Yes, it seems pretty obvious. The end of the trailer already shows something else, it's sure that Kojima is just playing with people expectations for now. Who thought that we would get a clear and straightforward trailer from him?