By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kotaku: “Crackdown 3 Delayed Till 2019”.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1004524749375131649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231004524749375131649

In another blow for this year's Xbox first-party lineup, Microsoft has delayed Crackdown 3 to 2019, two sources tell me.

Around the Network

1st two games were mediocre, i am in no rush in playing the 3rd. Hopefully the delay will make it good.

Xbox One X: the most powerful console*

*first party/exclusive games non-existent.

If you really want a platform with the most optimised third party games, wouldn't it make more sense just to get a PC? The PC gets games that the Xbox doesn't have.

Microsoft really blew it with the Xbox One. The original Xbox and Xbox 360 were both solid consoles with a decent amount of exclusive games. The Xbox One continues to flounder.
Meanwhile the PS4 has many excellent first party/exclusive titles. It has excellent third party support. Up until recently, the PS4 typically had the better versions of the third party titles on top of that. Now their games are essentially not as "4K" as the Xbox One X. Does it really matter though?

Also, the NS has solid exclusives and plenty of potential for continued third party support. It can play games on the TV and portably.

This leaves the Xbox One family of systems beaten in every regard besides most powerful console (a feat that is redundant due to PC being more powerful, with the gap constantly growing). Every other console/platform has more going for them - games.

Microsoft needs project managers that actually know what they are doing.

What other exclusive games XB1 has coming this year?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
What other exclusive games XB1 has coming this year?

Forza Horizon 4 is a lock. Possibly a new gears or remaster I’d guess. And they already released sea of thieves and state of decay 2. Sure there will be something else revealed Sunday on Xbox’s stage. 

ResidentToxy said:

If you really want a platform with the most optimised third party games, wouldn't it make more sense just to get a PC? The PC gets games that the Xbox doesn't have.

Microsoft really blew it with the Xbox One. The original Xbox and Xbox 360 were both solid consoles with a decent amount of exclusive games. The Xbox One continues to flounder.
Meanwhile the PS4 has many excellent first party/exclusive titles. It has excellent third party support. Up until recently, the PS4 typically had the better versions of the third party titles on top of that. Now their games are essentially not as "4K" as the Xbox One X. Does it really matter though?

Also, the NS has solid exclusives and plenty of potential for continued third party support. It can play games on the TV and portably.

This leaves the Xbox One family of systems beaten in every regard besides most powerful console (a feat that is redundant due to PC being more powerful, with the gap constantly growing). Every other console/platform has more going for them - games.

I own all three consoles and use my Xbox One for third/first party online gaming because Xbox One doesn't, for one thing, ever go down for "routine maintenance". Can't tell you how many fucking times I would go on my PS4 to play online and have to put up with that shit. It's inexcusable.

So for me, the Xbox One definitely has its place. Yes, it's lacking in exclusives but, for me, its worth owning for XBL alone.

AlfredoTurkey said:
ResidentToxy said:

I own all three consoles and use my Xbox One for third/first party online gaming because Xbox One doesn't, for one thing, ever go down for "routine maintenance". Can't tell you how many fucking times I would go on my PS4 to play online and have to put up with that shit. It's inexcusable.

So for me, the Xbox One definitely has its place. Yes, it's lacking in exclusives but, for me, its worth owning for XBL alone.

One could make the same argument for PC gaming. On the other hand, PC gaming has free online. 
Sure, Xbox One doesn't have the same downtime for its servers as PS4's online service. However, that option is available elsewhere. 
I do find it worth noting that specific games on the Xbox One has had severe server issues, such as the Master Chief Collection, which is inexcusable.

What a surprise!

Okay seriously, is this game gonna be Microsoft's Duke Nukem Forever? Something tells me this game's not coming out until the Xbox Two at the earliest.