By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kotaku: “Crackdown 3 Delayed Till 2019”.

they want to take the position of Last Guardian and Agent.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

So 2019 will be Xbox One peak year.

They should have cancelled this game and kept Scalebound. At least Scalebound was going to be different from their current line-up. God knows why they are pushing that many resources in a bland-looking open-world third-person shooter

hiccupthehuman said:
They should have cancelled this game and kept Scalebound. At least Scalebound was going to be different from their current line-up. God knows why they are pushing that many resources in a bland-looking open-world third-person shooter

Im not a xbox guy, but I feel the same.
it looks like a bland mediocre game, with the only redeeming feature being that destructability in online matches.
Which dont get me wrong will be a novell to experiance the first week or so of playing it online, but after that?

They shouldnt have changed fable, they should have stuck to its rpg roots, and kept it as it was.
It would have released and been a pretty decent game, instead of being cancelled due to them meddingly with the studio to do stuff to it.

All these delays will be worth it trust me.

People will try out the game for free and the Xbox team gets will brag on twitter about its player count in the first 24h.

And then it's never heard from again :/.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
hiccupthehuman said:

And just think, as bad as people make games like SoT or SoD2 out to be or how bad games like LocoCycle were or how bland you think CD3 looks, MS would still have rather released those than Scalebound, which looked horrific. Should tell you all you need to know about how that game was shaping up :)

They should just cancel the game was supposed to com out in 2016 now 2019 obviously they had to start from scratch probably laste year because 4 years for an open world game sounds suspicious

Zach808 said:
Okay seriously, is this game gonna be Microsoft's Duke Nukem Forever? Something tells me this game's not coming out until the Xbox Two at the earliest.

Xbox two is Xbox one secret sauce confirmed? 

shikamaru317 said:
areason said:
Given how mediocre and unpolished the footage so far has looked, then it's understandable .

This is good for the game, but it's going to hurt the title financially.

I don't think another delay will hurt it's sales. Final Fantasy Versus 13/Final Fantasy 15 took 10 years, and it's one of the top 5 bestselling Final Fantasy games and will probably end up being top 3 once all is said and done.  As long as the quality of the game actually goes up thanks to the delay, and as long as they pick a smart release window, Crackdown 3's sales should benefit from the delay. Now releasing Crackdown 3 this Fall/Holiday, that would have hurt it's sales. It would have been financial suicide to send it out this Fall/Holiday against Red Dead Redemption 2, CoD Black Ops 4, Battlefield V, and possibly Fallout 76 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey. They just need to pick a smart release window in 2019, a month when there is very little AAA western competition. 

FFXV got delayed into a fresh generation though. Crackdown 3 is delayed into the death part of the generation.

ResidentToxy said:
Xbox One X: the most powerful console*

*first party/exclusive games non-existent.

If you really want a platform with the most optimised third party games, wouldn't it make more sense just to get a PC? The PC gets games that the Xbox doesn't have.

Microsoft really blew it with the Xbox One. The original Xbox and Xbox 360 were both solid consoles with a decent amount of exclusive games. The Xbox One continues to flounder.
Meanwhile the PS4 has many excellent first party/exclusive titles. It has excellent third party support. Up until recently, the PS4 typically had the better versions of the third party titles on top of that. Now their games are essentially not as "4K" as the Xbox One X. Does it really matter though?

Also, the NS has solid exclusives and plenty of potential for continued third party support. It can play games on the TV and portably.

This leaves the Xbox One family of systems beaten in every regard besides most powerful console (a feat that is redundant due to PC being more powerful, with the gap constantly growing). Every other console/platform has more going for them - games.

The difference being, an X1X equivilent PC comes in at almost double the price.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.