By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kotaku: “Crackdown 3 Delayed Till 2019”.

Disappointing but a delay is better than a cancellation.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Given how mediocre and unpolished the footage so far has looked, then it's understandable .

This is good for the game, but it's going to hurt the title financially.

AlfredoTurkey said:
ResidentToxy said:
Xbox One X: the most powerful console*

*first party/exclusive games non-existent.

If you really want a platform with the most optimised third party games, wouldn't it make more sense just to get a PC? The PC gets games that the Xbox doesn't have.

Microsoft really blew it with the Xbox One. The original Xbox and Xbox 360 were both solid consoles with a decent amount of exclusive games. The Xbox One continues to flounder.
Meanwhile the PS4 has many excellent first party/exclusive titles. It has excellent third party support. Up until recently, the PS4 typically had the better versions of the third party titles on top of that. Now their games are essentially not as "4K" as the Xbox One X. Does it really matter though?

Also, the NS has solid exclusives and plenty of potential for continued third party support. It can play games on the TV and portably.

This leaves the Xbox One family of systems beaten in every regard besides most powerful console (a feat that is redundant due to PC being more powerful, with the gap constantly growing). Every other console/platform has more going for them - games.

I own all three consoles and use my Xbox One for third/first party online gaming because Xbox One doesn't, for one thing, ever go down for "routine maintenance". Can't tell you how many fucking times I would go on my PS4 to play online and have to put up with that shit. It's inexcusable.

So for me, the Xbox One definitely has its place. Yes, it's lacking in exclusives but, for me, its worth owning for XBL alone.

Weird, I own all the consoles too and outside of maybe Christmas time (when the Xbox also has the same problem) I have never run into that situation... and I have had the ps4 since launch... maybe different parts of the world struggle more?  Still weird.

i do agree that exclusives aren’t the end all be all of console gaming.  The Internet forums way over emphasize them.  Still, I am very disappointed in Microsoft.  I expect better from them.  The early 360 years were freaking amazing!  They have definitely lost their way...

So does that mean 2019 will be the biggest year for Xbox one guys? Just wait okay.... Just give us 2 more years and the system you bought in 2013 will have a game to play.

At this stage anyone who would limit themselves to just a ms system must have shares in them or some reason other than gaming to want to support that system as someone with a PC/switch/PS4 I would really really some convincing that there is merit to having an x1 under your tv

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Wasnt it originally ment to be a Xbox One Launch title too? Its not just 6years of developement time, its the fact that it was supposed to be out really early, like at launch or near it, not in 2019.

I think if scalebound & fable wherent cancelled, this might have been too.
Haveing 3 games in a row be in the 60's metacritics, and the having Scalebound,fable & Crackdown 3 all be cancelled would be too much.
Its probably the main reason xbox hasnt killed it already.

Crackdown is a small title, not something worth spending 6years on, probably not a title they make any money on.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
So does that mean 2019 will be the biggest year for Xbox one guys? Just wait okay.... Just give us 2 more years and the system you bought in 2013 will have a game to play.

At this stage anyone who would limit themselves to just a ms system must have shares in them or some reason other than gaming to want to support that system as someone with a PC/switch/PS4 I would really really some convincing that there is merit to having an x1 under your tv

Best controller, best UI, best network, and with Scorpio the most powerful console you can have.

There are plenty of people who really don’t give a shit for the games Nintendo, Sony, or MS have to offer. There’s a reason third party games typically dominate sales charts every year.

I don’t own any MS shares, but I do own a Switch, PS4, gaming PC, a Scorpio, and a launch Xbone. If I had to limit it to one platform I wouldn’t hesitate to keep the Scorpio :)

Also no need to wait until 2019, the Xbone already has plenty of games to play.

Ganoncrotch said:

The Xbox One brought classic innovations such as Kinect gaming. A feature that will surely continue to revolutionise gaming throughout the years to come. I can't imagine such a wonderful feature ever going away. Oh wait. Never mind. I guess it makes a good collectors item.

Flash forward twenty years: "Hey kids, remember those classic consoles that were not very successful such as the Sega Dreamcast, and Wii U? There were other consoles like them, except they didn't have any games." *reveals Xbox One and Atari Jaguar*. 
"My favourite was the Jaguar because it was named after a cat."

JRPGfan said:

Wasnt it originally ment to be a Xbox One Launch title too? Its not just 6years of developement time, its the fact that it was supposed to be out really early, like at launch or near it, not in 2019.

I think if scalebound & fable wherent cancelled, this might have been too.
Haveing 3 games in a row be in the 60's metacritics, and the having Scalebound,fable & Crackdown 3 all be cancelled would be too much.
Its probably the main reason xbox hasnt killed it already.

Crackdown is a small title, not something worth spending 6years on, probably not a title they make any money on.

it wasn't meant as a launch title. And given how awful the game looks then it is massively underfunded, or the development team have been changing the core of the game over and over. 

Ganoncrotch said:

Or maybe they just like the console and only play multiplat games on it with the occasional exclusive? Last time I checked the X1 is perfectly fine to play with.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

what an absolute mess. the game looked like a 360 game at E3 2017 but I didn't think it would take this long to fix. Maybe the entire multiplayer is being changed just to be battle royale.

xbox one has to be alongside the Vita as worst supported modern console (since say 2000) in terms of first party exclusives. at least Sony had the excuse of having to support another system