By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 22): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 28- June 03, 2018

The PS4 shortages are long old news. Using that as an excuse for relative low ps4 sales in Japan is ridiculous.

Around the Network

For PS4

<12k = Shortages
>16k = Normal

Fo Switch 

<25k = Shortages

>30k = Normal

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

For PS4

<12k = Shortages
>16k = Normal

Fo Switch 

<25k = Shortages

>30k = Normal

I would pretty much agree with this. 

Kinda odd to see the dogpiling on HW since both PS4 and SW have been ticking up since the post-Golden Week lows.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kingdoms Hearts 3 is coming in January, i think with it missing the holidays there is very little chance of PS4 being up YoY this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Kingdoms Hearts 3 is coming in January, i think with it missing the holidays there is very little chance of PS4 being up YoY this year.

Anything else big coming this year for the PS4?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Nothing with any real system selling potentia

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Spider-man and potentially Granblue would be my best guess. Pretty dead for Japan with no KH3.

Red Dead should sell well but I imagine most people who would buy it already have a PS4 to play the big western open world/shooters.

Yeah, the trailer at least shows a 2018 release for Granblue. Haven't seen any news on it being pushed back.

This will absolutely be massive for PS4 in Japan. Over 20 million players and they are dedicated as hell as to this game and I'm sure Cygames will market the shit out of it with Sony.

Kyuu said:
Kerotan said:

Those millions of hardware and software sales I must be imagining. They are doing better then last gen in terms of sales. In terms of profit insanely better in Japan. Nintendo are dominating Japan like they have for a long time now. Nothing new. 

Which was bad and is growing much worse .Go ahead and start a party over those millions of HW and SW if it makes you feel better but I just don't share your enthusiasm.

The fact of the matter is third parties popularity is declining, Nintendo's software sales are skyrocketing, and the PS4 is barely keeping up with the misfired PS3.

Japanese games are selling better then ever outside Japan especially in Asia. They are not doomed. 

Yes, finally a Zelda game over a million again in Japan! Hasn’t happened since Ocarina of Time. I’m really happy with BotW’s success across the board, but talking about Japan only I don’t think it’ll beat the original. Maybe when including the 150k-ish from the WiiU version, but still, 700k is far away.