By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

That ending was abrupt.

Where was FF7 remake and where the hell was Warner Brothers this E3?! Why didn't they get their announcements at E3?!

So, about the presentation, Layden says they didn't want to "bombard" us with announcement like that's a good thing. I can't say i liked the new structure. The music parts were so boooring and lasted forever.

Resident evil 2 was the star of the show, and the remedy game can be interesting. The 4 big exclusives delivered, but this wasn't great.

Where Sony had great exclusives with gameplay, Microsoft had more third party reveals. If only they had WBs in there with MK11 and Superman it would've edged out.

8/10 when talking about games. If i were to take into account the quality of the presentation, Microsoft did it better.

Around the Network

The Spider Man game looks fun

Soundwave said:
lol, Final Fantasy VII Remake really is not going to make it until XB Scarlet/PS5/Switch 2.

Of course, we saw how long it took them to get KH3 out, it's not even coming this year! That FFVII Remake announcement was too early and looking back, a very rushed announcement. 

JRPGfan said:
Medisti said:
Did they seriously only show like 8 games total. I watched with some friends and the only one that looked good was Spiderman, which is probably the only game I'll buy out of any of these.

I took notes:

Last of us - Part 2 (awesome gameplay, wow factor)
Call of Duty new maps thingy
Giant Ghost? PSvr
Destiny 2 forsaken
Ghosts of Tshima (ingame wow graphics)
Controll (remedy) (quatom break like game) (multiplat)
Resident Evil 2  remake? (WOW) (jan 25 2019)
Trover saves the universe (meh)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (jan 2019) (new trailer longer, pirates of the caribbean)
Kingdom Hearts All in one package (all the games)
Deaths Stranding (gameplay very exploration/stealth focused, looks gorgeous)
Nioh 2    (team ninja) (PS4 + PC)
Spiderman (awesome gameplay)
Dreams shorts through-out between games.
Dêcina PSVR (japan studios / Fromsoft)

The two seconds in that sizzle reel I didn't even get a chance to see what the games even were, so I'm not counting those. I meant games that actually had trailers.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
This conference was much better than I thought it would be. It's embarrassing how much better this was than the Microsoft conference. Sony showed off lots of gameplay of actual first party games that are. going to be released soon. I was also very surprised, in a good way, about the Ghost of (forgot the name) game. Looks really cool.

Sony and Square Enix are the best conferences yet. We'll have to see how Nintendo does tomorrow.

What games are goingto be released soon? Hardly any of the games showed any release dates.

Hiku said:
Snoopy said:

Sony didn't say it was exclusive and I don't think Sony owns the rights to it. Microsoft is being aggressive to get these games too. Just like KH3 and RE2 remake is coming to xbox.

They didn't say that anything was exclusive.
They weren't doing the "Exclusive" or "World premiere" announcements between every game.
They just cranked out trailer after trailer fast.

I like knowing what was exclusive or not. I have no idea what game is exclusive or not on the PS4. Even games I KNOW are exclusive, the average watcher wouldn't know because it was treated the same as other games that I KNOW are multiplat.

Azuren said:
Like I said previously, Microsoft had a better PS4 conference.

Why does PS4 get credit for multiplats and xbox doesn't? 

Around the Network

I was pretty happy about the All in One KH package. I held off getting 1.5 + 2.5 due to my backlog, so this is perfect for me.

Sony's conference in gif form:

That was a good show. A lot of games I'm genuinely interested in, though some disappointments as well, like the From Software game being VR. Just an instant loss of interest for me on that one. Spiderman and Ghost of Tsushima look great, The Last of Us Part 2 is looking very good as well, Death Stranding is still a bit of a mystery in regards to what i really is, but I really like the concept. Nioh 2 is a nice announcement, and Remedy's new game looks like an improved version of Quantum Break at least in terms of gameplay. FFVII remake not being shown is a bit of a disappointment, but them not announcing any big new 1st party titles wasn't really since they said at the very beginning that they wouldn't be doing do. Overall, among the better shows at E3. 8 out of 10 for me.

I am so loving flipping between live streams and seeing how confused everyone watching is.

But, this conference was a dissaster imo. It felt more like a post conference treehouse than an actual conference.

this was terrible. horrible conference, holy shit. wtf is going on?

kinda funny start but man the banjo, then reveal of tlou 2, then they cut to some bullshit commentary like psx show, man it was fucking hot garbage. had no flow.

Yeah 2 games were worth getting,most i have seen or knew about the last 3 conferences or more for the most part. just a total let down, like they just farted on camera and called it a day.

just holy shit that was terrible... its like shocked it was so bad.. its not even deserving of a rating.