By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

Killzone: Shadows Fall;
Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 
There was "No Man Sky" that was heavily associated with Playstation 4.

Also, "Gran Turismo" Sport was also a steep drop from the series standards. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

Ratchet and Clank wasnt bad and I say that being fully dissapointed by that game (It´s not as good as most others in the series) 
And Killzone wasnt bad either. 

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Killzone: Shadows Fall;
Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 
There was "No Man Sky" that was heavily associated with Playstation 4.

Also, "Gran Turismo" Sport was also a steep drop from the series standards. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

Ratchet and Clank does not deserve to be on that list but the rest I agree with GT:Sport is joke to people who waited a long time for a proper mainline Game, KZ:Shadowfall was the worst rated since KZ 1 and I:Second Son while still a solid game rated lower than Infamous 1&2. I still don't think that this gen was overall better than PS3 but it is better when it comes to the 1st party having more parity when it comes to the quality of games.

In terms of software the PS3 was beter. But atleast the PS4 isnt a big piece of shit to use. 

Rafie said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Not that so.

"Horizon: Zero Down" is, next to "Titanfall", my favourite new IP this generation. 60+ hours in, far better experience than "The Witcher 3".
I also like the new "Tomb Raider" 2/3 trilogy. 

In those games, the crouching and stealth did make sense. I just think it might be getting too repetitive. 

Do you feel the same about games like Gears and such that do the same? When you said "PS4", I took that as you not really feeling the PS4. You do have a point about the crouching and stealth, but their games aren't the only ones doing that. I don't really see that as a negative as well. Sure UC4, LoU, Gears, Tomb Raider, COD, etc all do this--but I don't believe it takes away from the experience. I treat that like I treat reoccurring attributes in other games. Like the throwing in a fighting game, tossing a grenade, or hacking and slashing.

I get it though. Oh and I meant to say that Ratchet and Clank should not be on your list. I can understand NMS and GTS. Drive Club became good after things were fixed. Unfortunately the damage was done at that point.

Gears has stealth now? 

If anyone is into breakdown videos I've just created my first one for Last of Us 2's gameplay trailers. Some info I've observed that others haven't, as well as pointing out more obvious things that everyone's seen :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RcvDTuiAk

If you have any feedback about it. Let me know. Always trying to improve/get better at things. I'm aware the sound isn't crisp, but it is audible, so hope to sort that out in future.

Last edited by CartBlanche - on 15 June 2018

Mcube said:
Rafie said:

Do you feel the same about games like Gears and such that do the same? When you said "PS4", I took that as you not really feeling the PS4. You do have a point about the crouching and stealth, but their games aren't the only ones doing that. I don't really see that as a negative as well. Sure UC4, LoU, Gears, Tomb Raider, COD, etc all do this--but I don't believe it takes away from the experience. I treat that like I treat reoccurring attributes in other games. Like the throwing in a fighting game, tossing a grenade, or hacking and slashing.

I get it though. Oh and I meant to say that Ratchet and Clank should not be on your list. I can understand NMS and GTS. Drive Club became good after things were fixed. Unfortunately the damage was done at that point.

Gears has stealth now? 

I guess when you hide behind things and sneak up on enemies. Stealth, right?!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Rafie said:
Mcube said:

Gears has stealth now? 

Lmao I Guess. Gear is probably the least stealth game I have ever played in my life. (Thats probably why I love it so much)

Though I may not have liked the Sony show much, I can say I've enjoyed it somewhat more than the Microsoft one.
MS, while bombastic and full of titles, felt more like a glorified trailer reel and I was honestly kinda dozing off halfway through. When it became obvious that a lot of their announcements were third party, I decided to treat the show as a Sony preview for the most part XD.

But boy, it's a nice year again. With all three consoles on my shelf, I feel like I need to take a sabatical so I can properly play a lot of these titles.

Mcube said:
Rafie said:

Lmao I Guess. Gear is probably the least stealth game I have ever played in my life. (Thats probably why I love it so much)

Yeah that was kind of a reach. Still they have stealth elements. Even if it plays a smaller attribute to everything else that you can do. Gears is definitely my favorite shooter.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron