By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

EspadaGrim said:
Alara317 said:

Why isn't the forum allowing me to +like this or give you an agree or a thumbs up? 

Honestly, PS4 is destroying all other PS consoles for me, personally. I know PS2 was far more successful, but PS4 hasn't really had any gaffes, and 10 years from now I bet the PS4 will still be great while we'll be hesitant to play PS2 games. 

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

Killzone: Shadows Fall;
Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 
There was "No Man Sky" that was heavily associated with Playstation 4.

Also, "Gran Turismo" Sport was also a steep drop from the series standards. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

Around the Network

My crazy prediction
Gamescom 2018- Red Dead Redemption 2 Gameplay. New BioShock/System Shock announcement. The Avengers Project.

Tokyo Games Show 2018 - Shenmue 3 release date. Legend of Dragoon Remake. FF7R info.

Paris Games Week - Dreams release date. Concrete Genie Release date. Wild info/release date.

PSX 2018 - BluePoint's next game. Bloodborne 2. Syphone Filter.

PSX/Sony Conference/E3 - New Hardware news. Superman. Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Agent.

Dark_Feanor said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

Maybe this PS4 generation will be remembered by third-person action adventures were characters become invisible when they crouch in high grass. 

Yes, because that one similarity is all that matters. Let's just ignore the several other differences each 1st party game has that differentiates each one.... You were already warned from CGI from another thread to drop the baiting. I suggest that you do so here, as well.

And how is R&C a snafu when it had great reception and enjoyed the most sales the series ever had?

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

KZ: SF was actually a pretyt solid game. Drive club is freaking amazing! It was released half done but now it is freaking great. And what was the issue with Rachet and Clank....I haven't really heard many complaints about that one?

Agree about GT: Sport

And a low....and false blow at the end....but hey to each his/her own.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

Wrong. Ratchet & Clank was both critically hailed and a commercial success. Try again. 

(Though yes, Killzone and Drive Club were not good) 

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

I take it you don't like Sony. That was brutal even for the most devote haters that downplay other platforms. Not the most brutal, but still brutal.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Dark_Feanor said:
EspadaGrim said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

Ratchet and Clank does not deserve to be on that list but the rest I agree with GT:Sport is joke to people who waited a long time for a proper mainline Game, KZ:Shadowfall was the worst rated since KZ 1 and I:Second Son while still a solid game rated lower than Infamous 1&2. I still don't think that this gen was overall better than PS3 but it is better when it comes to the 1st party having more parity when it comes to the quality of games.

CGI-Quality said:
EspadaGrim said:

Ratchet and Clank does not deserve to be on that list but the rest I agree with GT:Sport is joke to people who waited a long time for a proper mainline Game, KZ:Shadowfall was the worst rated since KZ 1and I:Second Son while still a solid game rated lower than Infamous 1&2. I still don't think that this gen was overall better than PS3 but it is better when it comes to the 1st party having more parity when it comes to the quality of games.

Interestingly, Shadowfall and Second Son are the highest selling games in each of those series, which in the long run, will matter more. Plus, both had the ilk of "launch" around them and would probably fare better today.

Both had a bumps from being launch titles/1st year games and basically being the only real next gen offerings for about the first 1.5/2 years of the PS4 they were literally the only worthwhile games at the time, not to mention that the PS4 selling way above expectations helped too. They would fair better today in terms of sales because of the Big PS4 user base but the games ratings would fall lower than they were when they initially released.

Rafie said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Drive Club;
Ratchet an Clank;

Were some snafus. 

I take it you don't like Sony. That was brutal even for the most devote haters that downplay other platforms. Not the most brutal, but still brutal.

Not that so.

"Horizon: Zero Down" is, next to "Titanfall", my favourite new IP this generation. 60+ hours in, far better experience than "The Witcher 3".
I also like the new "Tomb Raider" 2/3 trilogy. 

In those games, the crouching and stealth did make sense. I just think it might be getting too repetitive. 

Dark_Feanor said:
Rafie said:

Not that so.

"Horizon: Zero Down" is, next to "Titanfall", my favourite new IP this generation. 60+ hours in, far better experience than "The Witcher 3".
I also like the new "Tomb Raider" 2/3 trilogy. 

In those games, the crouching and stealth did make sense. I just think it might be getting too repetitive. 

Do you feel the same about games like Gears and such that do the same? When you said "PS4", I took that as you not really feeling the PS4. You do have a point about the crouching and stealth, but their games aren't the only ones doing that. I don't really see that as a negative as well. Sure UC4, LoU, Gears, Tomb Raider, COD, etc all do this--but I don't believe it takes away from the experience. I treat that like I treat reoccurring attributes in other games. Like the throwing in a fighting game, tossing a grenade, or hacking and slashing.

I get it though. Oh and I meant to say that Ratchet and Clank should not be on your list. I can understand NMS and GTS. Drive Club became good after things were fixed. Unfortunately the damage was done at that point.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron