By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Sony PlayStation E3 2018 Thread

It was amazing only TLOU 2 Made the Conference unbeatable

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Sony has the motto: "The E3 is a big show and you will experience new games from beginning to end, not only at the conference." xD

Ghost of Tsushima: More details and also japanese voices and subtitles has been confirmed =)

Two other new games (A plague tales: innocence ect) & more trailer@PlayStation Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation
Resident Evil 2 Remake: Gameplay !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFykxpS7xVE&feature=youtu.be
Concrete Genie - E3 2018 Gameplay (innovative/magical game): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOCsZ6NhTA&t=698s

twintail said:
Heavenly_King said:

I mean... that is just your own expectations being heightened and not met. I said this to someone else like a week ago but the deep dive was obviously going to be exactly what we got at their event: as in the major gameplay demos.

But regardless this a complete fundamental misunderstanding of how Sony does their conferences anyways. Sony disseminates E3 info via their conference, the PS Blog (on a daily basis) and through their E3 livestreaming (which they actually did before Nintendos treehouse). This is 3 different avenues to present their games. Give you a visual feast at E3. Get more detailed gameplay understanding at the livestream (if the dev is going to do that) and some explanations of stuff on the PS blog.

They didnt show RE2 gameplay because now they have RE2 news cycle twice instead of once. Yu have ppl talking about the trailer from the conference. Now we have ppl talking about the gameplay afterwards.

This might be annoying to you, but this is how Sony has been handling their info for games. Just look at their Youtube account. RE2 vid has 870k views, the 2nd trailer has 951k and the gameplay demo has 121k atm.

The presentation for the conference sucked, but they are getting stuff out for their games. Could it be better? Of course. But this is how they usually do things.

I why name it a big dive then?? If it is the same they always do with their 1st party game?? Makes no sense

EspadaGrim said:
Alara317 said:

Why isn't the forum allowing me to +like this or give you an agree or a thumbs up? 

Honestly, PS4 is destroying all other PS consoles for me, personally. I know PS2 was far more successful, but PS4 hasn't really had any gaffes, and 10 years from now I bet the PS4 will still be great while we'll be hesitant to play PS2 games. 

Other than The Order and Knack 1 & 2, Sony's 1st party offering have been near perfect.

I want to add Infamous to that aswell. It dissapointed me when looking at 1 and 2 the rest yes its been incredible. 

Since there were reports about Sony using the PS4 untill 2021 I hope they throw some good stuff at us at PSX and Gamescom. Im honestly not interested too much in the recent games except Spiderman (Pretty much my most anticipated game right now) and I want to see more about Ghost of tsushima.

Also where was MediEvil?

Around the Network

Even if this is Sony's worst format for E3 presentation in a while that sure do garner more conversation on this thread than the others. If anything Sony has captured our attention.

Average E3 but still plenty of games I wanted to see. Like TLOU2, Spider-man, Ghost of Tusushiuma, RE2.....Could have been better for sure but I got wha I came for outside of LoD 2/remake lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

twintail said:

Look, the PS5 aint coming in 2021. It will be out by 2020 latest.

Gamescom and PSX are gonna be smaller scale stuff. Maybe SCEJ stuff too (since they dont always use TGS). There is no way any internal studios will have major releases out by 2019. 2020 earliest and by then its PS5 season.

MediEvil had a teaser at PSX with literally nothing to show. Gamescom was the more likelier event to see it again. After all Sony needs stuff for GC and PSX. If anything, I am surprised they didnt hold Tsushima back too, but seemed like a good call. The showing was really good. 

This is in hindsight, but it was a mistake for Sony to announce it during PSX. They should have reiterated to fans that PSX would be very very low key and do not expect new announcements, and saved MediEvil for E3.

twintail said:
Mcube said:
Since there were reports about Sony using the PS4 untill 2021 I hope they throw some good stuff at us at PSX and Gamescom. Im honestly not interested too much in the recent games except Spiderman (Pretty much my most anticipated game right now) and I want to see more about Ghost of tsushima.

Also where was MediEvil?

Look, the PS5 aint coming in 2021. It will be out by 2020 latest.

Gamescom and PSX are gonna be smaller scale stuff. Maybe SCEJ stuff too (since they dont always use TGS). There is no way any internal studios will have major releases out by 2019. 2020 earliest and by then its PS5 season.

MediEvil had a teaser at PSX with literally nothing to show. Gamescom was the more likelier event to see it again. After all Sony needs stuff for GC and PSX. If anything, I am surprised they didnt hold Tsushima back too, but seemed like a good call. The showing was really good. 

I mean I see it coming out at the start of 2021. I expect both TLOU and Cyberpunk to release in 2020 and not earlier. 2019 is gonna be a full year for 3rd party and 2020 is gonna prepare for the switch to the next generation. Im not saying 2020 is unlikely but I think its either end 2020 or start 2021. 

If Sony had their show on one stage, removed the solo musical intros, had a Dreams and Concrete Genie section, and added the 4 games from the weeks run up, they'd have easily had the best conference. Content wise, Sony won E3 easily. The presentation is what let them down in the end. 

The PS5 Exists.