By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

Forgot about the game, how was it? I know the result.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Woo! Treble winners

The Fury said:

Forgot about the game, how was it? I know the result.

eh, it wasn't the best. A few interesting moments, that's all. As a City fan it was worth watching, even though it was at 4am. But otherwise best just to watch highlights or something.

mZuzek said:

RIP football

Football died long ago. At this point, it's desecration of the corpse.

Anyway, congratulations to Pep's financial dopers. It took 15 years of blood, sweat, and circumventing the rules, but you finally got to the summit of European football.

A final worthy of the general crappiness of this Champions League season. At least Real Madrid got embarrassed like they deserved to for a long time already, but otherwise it was a season that only reinforced that it is hardly worth watching football that is more based on financial doping than good management, coaching and development of talents. Hence why I rather watch competitions between national teams.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

A final worthy of the general crappiness of this Champions League season. At least Real Madrid got embarrassed like they deserved to for a long time already, but otherwise it was a season that only reinforced that it is hardly worth watching football that is more based on financial doping than good management, coaching and development of talents. Hence why I rather watch competitions between national teams.

Come down to the championship... like Saints, no one has any money there.

Hmm, pie.

I'll never truly consider pep one of the great managers until he goes to a team that isn't absolutely swimming in cash and gets them to win a trophy. What klopp did at Dortmund/Liverpool is infinitly more impressive to me than anything pep has a achieved in his career.

pikashoe said:

I'll never truly consider pep one of the great managers until he goes to a team that isn't absolutely swimming in cash and gets them to win a trophy. What klopp did at Dortmund/Liverpool is infinitly more impressive to me than anything pep has a achieved in his career.

Win the treble with the 2nd richest club in Spain = meh.

Win the league with the 2nd richest club in Germany = WOW!

I'll never understand this idea that somebody has to win a trophy with a poor club to "prove" themselves. I also don't understand why people want to pretend Dortmund and Liverpool are poor clubs, they're not.

How many managers actually go and win trophies with clubs that aren't among the biggest in their country? Ranieri and...?

I also don't remember anybody criticising Ancelotti when he set a new record for UCLs won and became the first manager to win all of the big 4 leagues and Ligue 1. Yet every one of those was with a rich club. Yet Guardiola is always criticised for it. Strange that.

Pep is a poor mans Warnock.

Ka-pi96 said:
pikashoe said:

Win the treble with the 2nd richest club in Spain = meh. literally one of the richest clubs on the planet.

Win the league with the 2nd richest club in Germany = WOW! Miles behind bayern financially 

I'll never understand this idea that somebody has to win a trophy with a poor club to "prove" themselves. I also don't understand why people want to pretend Dortmund and Liverpool are poor clubs, they're not.

How many managers actually go and win trophies with clubs that aren't among the biggest in their country? Ranieri and...?

I also don't remember anybody criticising Ancelotti when he set a new record for UCLs won and became the first manager to win all of the big 4 leagues and Ligue 1. Yet every one of those was with a rich club. Yet Guardiola is always criticised for it. Strange that.

Before klopp took over at dortmund they were languishing in mid table for years, he got them to a point where they were competing consistently. He also took one of the worst liverpool sides I've ever seen and got them to 3 champions league finals and competing for the the league consistently while spending a fraction of what city are spending.

Pep is a very good manager but every team he's gone to was already doing great before he got there, any problems he has he just throws money at it till it's fixed. At barcelona he inherited a team with fucking messi in it, literally the best player to ever play the game going into his prime.