By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Ka-pi96 said:

Win the treble with the 2nd richest club in Spain = meh.

Win the league with the 2nd richest club in Germany = WOW!

Like yeah you can't be serious with this comparison lmao.

Barcelona won the Champions League shortly before Guardiola took over and won it again shortly after he left. They had a golden generation of talents including arguably the greatest player of all time and they were winning trophies with or without Pep. Were they better when he was there? Probably. But they would've won stuff anyway.

Dortmund were fucking shit when Klopp took over, he took them to back-to-back Bundesliga trophies and a Champions League final. Look at the list of Bundesliga winners since he left and that tells you all you need to know about how insane Klopp's achievement there was.

Around the Network

It'a not a done deal yet, but negotiations were very advanced yesterday, and now it seems they're just trying to finalize them.
(Fabrizio is very trustworthy with these things.)

If this ends up happening, it feels very sad to me. He left Barcelona when he was 23. and he's still only 31 now. Albeit injury prone.
But with Messi and Ronaldo gone, I feel like he could move to a top club and push to be number 1, or win more titles.

Last edited by Hiku - on 13 August 2023

Man I'm trying to be excited about football even after last season's disaster, but like what the fuck is even going on with the refereeing in the Premier League. Everyone always knew these fuckers were corrupt but they've officially stopped trying to hide it, Liverpool getting sending offs for colorful language while Manchester City gets away with this in a game they could easily win without the officials' help

Terrible choices all over the place recently. Last week, Alexander-Arnold got a yellow for 'throwing the ball back into play' after he was obviously fouled. He didn't get the foul, it was a yellow to him and a throw. So weird.

I'm enjoying the championship so far. Yeah, we suck but but at least it's interesting.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Terrible choices all over the place recently. Last week, Alexander-Arnold got a yellow for 'throwing the ball back into play' after he was obviously fouled. He didn't get the foul, it was a yellow to him and a throw. So weird.

I'm enjoying the championship so far. Yeah, we suck but but at least it's interesting.

Same game, Joelinton is fouling players left and right, some fouls ignored but whenever the referee actually stopped play he'd always complain, no card though. He did the card wave sign a couple times, no card though. He got a warning he'd get booked if he fouled again, he fouled many times again, including one kinda brutal foul early in the second half, no booking. Anthony Gordon also did the waving thing and wasn't booked. But Alexis Mac Allister got immediately booked for it early in the first game of the season.

Anyway. Good luck in the Championship.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Same game, Joelinton is fouling players left and right, some fouls ignored but whenever the referee actually stopped play he'd always complain, no card though. He did the card wave sign a couple times, no card though. He got a warning he'd get booked if he fouled again, he fouled many times again, including one kinda brutal foul early in the second half, no booking. Anthony Gordon also did the waving thing and wasn't booked. But Alexis Mac Allister got immediately booked for it early in the first game of the season.

Anyway. Good luck in the Championship.

Yeah, I remember that too. The card simulation thing was meant to be stamped out, right? One of the things I know if I was a ref they'd hate me for. Any kind of trying to influence me would get a card.

Yeah, we had a lot of changes but Saints still have some prem standard players... ignoring today. :P We lost who I expected to but still have Walter-Peters and Adams and Armstrong. As long as we keep up there, we should be fine. Plus added bonus, more midlands teams in the Champs so I can see Saints more live. :)

Hmm, pie.

The Premier League is an absolute disgrace.

Liverpool is the greatest football team in the world.

mZuzek said:

The Premier League is an absolute disgrace.

Liverpool is the greatest football team in the world.

One of the worst officiating displays I've ever seen. I still believe that VAR could be well integrated into the sport, but the people using it are beyond useless. That won't fully solve the problem of terrible on field refs though.

Based karma.

By the way I was at the Brazil x Argentina game last night, shit was crazy