Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 21/22

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Panama, Saudi Arabia and Australia are the whipping boys at this years World Cup. More than likely they will suffer huge defeats and are unlikely to score a solitary goal. Good teams like: Italy. Netherlands, Chile and USA missed out on Russia World Cup 2018.

I wouldnt say Australia since they have Bert van Maarwijk who cant put his team defensively very well.  

Also The Netherlands isnt a good team anymore (IMO) only good ones we have are Wijnaldum, Strootman en Van dijk and they all underperform at the WC. 

Im dutch btw 

Around the Network

I'm enjoying some of the fifa commercials here in the US, and There is more just like this one asking for the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDzDnqGanU

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 15 June 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ka-pi96 said:
Salah is only on the bench. Kills my hype for the match a bit, but oh well hopefully it's still good.

He´s injured an it´s again the toughest team in the group. Its gonna be very hard for Egypt to win this one but they will win against Russia and Saudi. 

Mcube said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Salah is only on the bench. Kills my hype for the match a bit, but oh well hopefully it's still good.

He´s injured an it´s again the toughest team in the group. Its gonna be very hard for Egypt to win this one but they will win against Russia and Saudi. 

If Russia plays like yesterday I could easily see them beating Egypt.

Let's hope there are some real fireworks today, last nights match was a travesty for the sport. I'm thinking Uruguay will win easily, at least 3 goals, Egypt might get one, Uruguay are much stronger going forwards than in defense (not unlike Argentina). Morocco should beat Iran on paper, but I don't have high hopes for the actual match. Only blind luck or some sort of disorganization could lead Portugal to victory over a Spain team that is looking really good, albeit somewhat inconsistent. Let's see if the sudden sacking of the manager has any impact. I think this match will be either quite boring, with neither side wanting to take risks, or a goal fest with at least 5-6 goals, most of which will be for Spain. So, either something like a 2-1 win for Spain or something more entertaining like 4-2 to Spain. I just can't see Portugal winning this one.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Mcube said:

If Russia plays like yesterday I could easily see them beating Egypt.

I mean let´s not get ahead of ourselves. This was against arguably the worst team at the world cup that was playing bad for their standards. Russia wasnt that impressive but they sure were powerful. I can see them qualify over Egypt I just think Salah could make that difference for Egypt. 

I'll leave my prediction how it, however with Salah not playing, I doubt Egypt will win (In fact it will be a really good showing if they don't lose by a huge margin)

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Ah, shoot. I forgot that it started yesterday, not today.

Is is too late to make predictions for the rest of the games?

Morocco- Iran ( 1-1)

Portugal- Spain ( 2-2)

Fuck, I lost points again.

Last edited by AZWification - on 15 June 2018

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

psychicscubadiver said:
Ah, shoot. I forgot that it started yesterday, not today.

Is is too late to make predictions for the rest of the games?

i doubt it, just make them anyway!!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.