By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 21): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 21-27, 2018

Metroid33slayer said:
Mario odyssey is being beaten every week by a 15 month old zelda game, didn't think that a main mario game would ever have worse legs than a zelda game in Japan.

It's pretty amazing indeed and this is really a case of BotW performing really really well since Mario Odyssey is doing great by 3D Mario standards in Japan since it's on track to beat Mario 64 (N64 only).

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
Mario odyssey is being beaten every week by a 15 month old zelda game, didn't think that a main mario game would ever have worse legs than a zelda game in Japan.

I mean, Odyssey is 700k+ ahead despite releasing half a year later. I don't think legs matter more than overall sales, but that's just me.

Well that was quite a disappointment for the PS4..... Switch needs to get back up to 40k! And Labo seems to be doing nicely with the price cut! Hopefully it continues!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Megiddo said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

How does the Switch version of Mega Man Legacy Collection hold up to the other releases? Does anyone have the numbers?

See https://www.resetera.com/posts/8524846/

8.5k vs 8.0k

Huh. i'm very surprised it's that close.

Thanks!

rodea_sky_soldier said:
YAY!!!!

Next Week:
Switch Hardware --> 1 million+ YTD
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild --> 1 million+ at retail

Wow! Next week will be AMAZING! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
CosmicSex said:

You guys are hilarious.  The PS4 is like year 4/5.  Give it a rest already.  It is still shockingly close to Switch YTD and the Switch will not top its sales this year.  

Why the need to feel attacked ?

And also, with the good stuff coming this summer + SSB/Pokémon Let's Go/FE, etc ... I definitely think it can. Nintendo always has the majority of their sales during the Holiday season, I can't fanthom why people keep forgetting this ...

I don't feel attacked.  I know exactly how I feel thank you very much.  I feel like you guys are being hilarious and overt in your dismissal of the PS4.  If it is doing 17k a week it is more than a little life left.  I'm sure that Swith will do great with Smash and Pokemon but I still don't think it can catch the PS4 this year. 

Only 4-6 months before that first Labo Variety shipment is depleted at this rate. Might need Xmas just to get that done.

CosmicSex said:

It is still shockingly close to Switch YTD and the Switch will not top its sales this year.  

Context is key.

As of week 7

PS4-558k

NSW-405k

As of week 21

PS4-880k

NSW-987k

Monster Hunter gave PS4 a really nice start to the year, peaking with a 153k lead over NSW but once its effects wore off it has sold barely half as much as NSW.

This trend is not going to change and actually get worse in PS4 favor as Switch has big guns releasing later this year along with Nintendo platforms traditionally getting much larger holiday boosts.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
CosmicSex said:

It is still shockingly close to Switch YTD and the Switch will not top its sales this year.  

Context is key.

As of week 7

PS4-558k

NSW-405k

As of week 21

PS4-880k

NSW-987k

Monster Hunter gave PS4 a really nice start to the year, peaking with a 153k lead over NSW but once its effects wore off it has sold barely half as much as NSW.

This trend is not going to change and actually get worse in PS4 favor as Switch has big guns releasing later this year along with Nintendo platforms traditionally getting much larger holiday boosts.

I think there's miscommunication here (or maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand). You're talking about the Switch topping the PS4 for 2018 (as in units sold in 2018), CosmicSex is talking about the Switch topping the PS4's LTD sales in 2018. I don't think anybody expects the PS4 to have better yearly sales than the Switch in Japan.

Signature goes here!

Pretty weak for PS4 with all those new releases saturation is hitting it hard. Switch is meh but releases this year so far weren't that great either.