5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139
Cobretti2 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Don't see how that's relevant to Mar wanting to see games he'll actually be able to play soon. Even if he were talking from a business standpoint, the Switch is also a strong seller, so clearly both ways can work.

And all we know about Sony is their regular usual games are coming, so what's your point? Those are what's selling the system, doesn't matter whether they appeal to you specifically.

Because he basically said we shouldn't wish beyond what is coming. Why not? Before the PS4 launched it was sold on hype of games coming. That is how heir first 2 years sold the console. Now that they have so many out there, they don't need to promise game they have established faith with gamers and gamers know a flow of constant great games will come.

Guess I can see how you'd interpret his post that way, but I doubt that's what he means.

Around the Network

StarFox. Metroid. I'm sold. Make it happen Ninty!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Wheres that 50th person!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY4jCjufLG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_cNIP3naDc

Jranation said:

I'll have to an update later on, it will probably be the last one before the Nintendo Direct if any one else still needs a ticket to the hype train.

(All people that have posted so far have already got one I just still need to add you on)

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Jranation said:

I'll have to an update later on, it will probably be the last one before the Nintendo Direct if any one else still needs a ticket to the hype train.

(All people that have posted so far have already got one I just still need to add you on)

Nah im already there checked it before I posted that. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I guess I might as well sign up.

Mar1217 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Guess I can see how you'd interpret his post that way, but I doubt that's what he means.

Here's my original post :

"Let's not get that far plz. I wanna see the existing stuff we're gonna get for the next year and half first before crying for new stuff like any spoiled child would."

This guy shouldn't get so overreactive over my point of view. I think it's just important to think in the shorter terms when it comes to games announced into a window cuz otherwise you're left with promises that in some cases are left unfullfiled and leave a bad impression on future presentations, case in point Microsoft/Sony's E3 2014/2015 conferences.

Also I'm not the guy who searchs for promises to fullfill my reasonning behind the early purchase of a console. 

And ... he's making it seems like it's necessary for a console maker to promise games far into the future to make a console sells gangbuster, which ain't true when you got the Switch selling crazy on "promises" from a window of 1 year only.

Ultimately, it's fine if he thinks this is necessary to ensure the sells of a console. I just don't think alike him.

How am I overreactive? You threw out words like crying and spoiled child which would only provoke a response. I stated a fact about how Sony started strong this gen, basically on a promise of great games. I am talking from a business perspective not my own personal taste in Nintendo games.

We already know whats coming in the short term from Nintendo. That is also to be expected and not really a big surprise as games liek Smash, Mario Tennis etc come every generation. To sell hardware to non Nintendo fans they need to show a strong future. If I am a regular joe citizen looking at what's coming, Nintendo's console is not very attractive as an impulse buy.

The Switch may have started strong because of the Nintendo fans, but so did the Wii. A bright future keeps momentum in sales.  At one stage Wii was pacing to get to 150 million, there was no bright future after a few years so momentum died.

I am keeping my expectations in check for this one.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I just heard the Halo 2 theme after watching the MS Pk. All I want now from Nintendo is a trailer for Metroid Prime 4 with an variation of the old Prime theme that heavily uses E-guitars and choruses (don't konw if thats the right word for it).

Last edited by MrWayne - on 11 June 2018