7 (Cautiously Hyped) 18 12.95%

6 (Not quite there yet) 10 7.19%

5 (Unsure) 3 2.16%

4 (Not Very) 7 5.04%

3 (Meh) 8 5.76%

2 (Not hyped) 7 5.04%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 10 7.19%

Total:139

Just as a sidenote:As Im playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails in The Sky SC, I feel like an announcement by Falcom that they are bringing all Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold steel to the Switch would be a great get for the system.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Less than 24 hours to go til it begins! Naturally I'll be hoping the U.S. team can make it two in a row.

Put me down for cautiously hyped.  Here's what I expect to see.

-A lot of talk about the new online service.

- More details on games that we already know about including release dates: Smash Bros., Pokemon Let's Go, Metroid Prime 4, Octo expansion, etc...

- One or two previously unannounced titles that are also due this year.

- One to three previously unannounced third party exclusives (might not be due this year).

- A huge crapton of ports.  Ports, ports and more ports.  First party ports.  Third party ports.  Tons of ports.  2018 will be the year of ports.

nemo37 said:
Lets assume that nothing from 2019 or beyond will be shown (so likely no Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon 2019) and what they show is Paladins, Fortnite, Smash, Let's Go Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, one or two older third-party ports, maybe one or two ports of first-party games (New Super Mario Bros U and Metroid Prime Trilogy are rumored), indie reel, and some DLC stuff (for Splatoon 2 but maybe also Xeno 2 and Odyssey). What would your reaction be?

This is what I am expecting right now from Nintendo, and I am sure how I feel about it (I am worried about the impact it might have on Switch's sales).

Personally those games you mention do nothing for me as I know they are coming so I am already excited by them.

I am more worried about what we don't know and whether we will be surprised with new games. Will there be 3rd party announcements at Nintendo's E3, or will we be left with nothing from them again.

Mar1217 said:
killeryoshis said:
Anyone think they might announce a 2020 game? I know Metroid Prime 4 was announced 2 years before release so there is a chance they will do it again.

Let's not get that far plz. I wanna see the existing stuff we're gonna get for the next year and half first before crying for new stuff like any spoiled child would.

You do realise that is how Sony sold the PS4? The hype for a strong future is what made the console sell fast out of the gate.

All we know about Nintendo is the regular usual games are coming, cool, great, whatever. It will be as good as Nintendo has done things with their previous games.

What about outside that? What is the long term strategy? what exclusives have they got that will excite me be it 1st/3rd party?

Around the Network

Oh boy. After seeing the xbox conference with so many suprises, nintendo really have to show us metroid gameplay, star fox gameplay and at least 2 world premiers with tgi or/and gameplay. So many good games also from bethesda but just shelter and legends for the switch. I know fallout could be announced for at the direct. Even doom inf. Could yeah. But we all know that wont happen. At least not infinite. So nintendo, do something. Pay to get exclusives. Plz.

Cobretti2 said:
Mar1217 said:

Let's not get that far plz. I wanna see the existing stuff we're gonna get for the next year and half first before crying for new stuff like any spoiled child would.

You do realise that is how Sony sold the PS4? The hype for a strong future is what made the console sell fast out of the gate.

All we know about Nintendo is the regular usual games are coming, cool, great, whatever. It will be as good as Nintendo has done things with their previous games.

What about outside that? What is the long term strategy? what exclusives have they got that will excite me be it 1st/3rd party?

Why? Because thats nintendos strategy? I love it to see games before release. Also 2 or 3 yeats a head. I want to know what my investment into a console will bring me in the future. E3 is about selling your console and not showing your games comming out next week. Nintendo should use their regulary directs for that. Look at the sales charts. Its the switchs 2cond year and the ps4 with its 5 years is still competing with a brand new console. You know why? Horse power, games and good marketing and hype. Nintendo dont understand what the word hype means since the Twilight princess reveal. 

Cobretti2 said:
Mar1217 said:

Don't see how that's relevant to Mar wanting to see games he'll actually be able to play soon. Even if he were talking from a business standpoint, the Switch is also a strong seller, so clearly both ways can work.

And all we know about Sony is their regular usual games are coming, so what's your point? Those are what's selling the system, doesn't matter whether they appeal to you specifically.

Pagan said:
Cobretti2 said:

Why? Because thats nintendos strategy? I love it to see games before release. Also 2 or 3 yeats a head. I want to know what my investment into a console will bring me in the future. E3 is about selling your console and not showing your games comming out next week. Nintendo should use their regulary directs for that. Look at the sales charts. Its the switchs 2cond year and the ps4 with its 5 years is still competing with a brand new console. You know why? Horse power, games and good marketing and hype. Nintendo dont understand what the word hype means since the Twilight princess reveal. 

You do realise I am saying I want to see games from the future not what has already been announced and we know about. Those should be expected anyway so not really a wow moment. It is the new unknown what will sell consoles beyond the known.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cobretti2 said:

Don't see how that's relevant to Mar wanting to see games he'll actually be able to play soon. Even if he were talking from a business standpoint, the Switch is also a strong seller, so clearly both ways can work.

And all we know about Sony is their regular usual games are coming, so what's your point? Those are what's selling the system, doesn't matter whether they appeal to you specifically.

Because he basically said we shouldn't wish beyond what is coming. Why not? Before the PS4 launched it was sold on hype of games coming. That is how heir first 2 years sold the console. Now that they have so many out there, they don't need to promise game they have established faith with gamers and gamers know a flow of constant great games will come.