By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - John Bain/Total Biscuit has passed away

To borrow from Lennon, death is just passing from one car into another. It sucks he left "this" one so soon, but only for us. No matter what you believe, he certainly isn't suffering anymore.



Around the Network
Medisti said:
m0ney said:

Damn that is some scary looking transgender person, you can see devil in their eyes.

Notice the use of unrelated sentences to imply correlation. "He supported gamergate. He died of cancer."

I wouldn't wish death even on these people, but what kind of monster are you to be so heartless just because of someone's political stance. 

Anonymity allows people a feeling of disconnect. That... thing... probably only feels the way it does because it has created a disconnect with reality. In short, you and I are people. But when you're talking to people over the internet, they become avatars and screen names. They become something that was never really there anyway... so some people act like fucks when things like this happen.

If you want something to make yourself feel better, just remember that the driving force behind their behavior is deep seeded insecurity and self-hate. They most certainly had a bad childhood and are having an even worse adulthood. 



AlfredoTurkey said:
Medisti said:

Notice the use of unrelated sentences to imply correlation. "He supported gamergate. He died of cancer."

I wouldn't wish death even on these people, but what kind of monster are you to be so heartless just because of someone's political stance. 

Anonymity allows people a feeling of disconnect. That... thing... probably only feels the way it does because it has created a disconnect with reality. In short, you and I are people. But when you're talking to people over the internet, they become avatars and screen names. They become something that was never really there anyway... so some people act like fucks when things like this happen.

If you want something to make yourself feel better, just remember that the driving force behind their behavior is deep seeded insecurity and self-hate. They most certainly had a bad childhood and are having an even worse adulthood. 

That person doesn't really have anonymity. Pictures and info all splayed out for all to see. I think they are genuinely that heartless, and I have a feeling they aren't much better in person than online. But, we can't assume they had a bad childhood or anything. Some people have perfectly fine lives and end up being bad people anyway.

All this unpleasantness makes me want to say something nice. AlfredoTurkey, I hope you have a wonderful day and eat good food.



Medisti said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Anonymity allows people a feeling of disconnect. That... thing... probably only feels the way it does because it has created a disconnect with reality. In short, you and I are people. But when you're talking to people over the internet, they become avatars and screen names. They become something that was never really there anyway... so some people act like fucks when things like this happen.

If you want something to make yourself feel better, just remember that the driving force behind their behavior is deep seeded insecurity and self-hate. They most certainly had a bad childhood and are having an even worse adulthood. 

That person doesn't really have anonymity. Pictures and info all splayed out for all to see. I think they are genuinely that heartless, and I have a feeling they aren't much better in person than online. But, we can't assume they had a bad childhood or anything. Some people have perfectly fine lives and end up being bad people anyway.

All this unpleasantness makes me want to say something nice. AlfredoTurkey, I hope you have a wonderful day and eat good food.

May you too enjoy a good bounty of food and drink!



AlfredoTurkey said:
To borrow from Lennon, death is just passing from one car into another. It sucks he left "this" one so soon, but only for us. No matter what you believe, he certainly isn't suffering anymore.

Lennon also said 'Live begins at 40.' Then he died. Damn, now I'm doubly sad. Both of these man died way too young.

I was always rooting for John, to beat his cancer, even as it was becoming increasingly clear that he wasn't going to. He wanted to live and he fought hard for it. I remember him talking about having chemo every two weeks and how even one good day in the middle of thirteen bad ones was worth it.

At least he seemed to be in relative comfort in his last few days. RIP.



Around the Network
Chazore said:
Some people can be so heartless:

Heartless bitch.....  Total Biscuit was worth 10 of her, if shes a person that writes things like that.



Requiescat In Pace, John, you left us too soon.



Fuck cancer!

D.E.P.



Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This one hit me really hard. I've followed TB since his early WoW Cataclysm days and he's always been one of my main channels when browsing Youtube gaming content. His commitment to PC gaming in general was second to none and his work put into the industry through helping smaller developers or working directly with the likes of Blizzard will forever be remembered.

One particularly favorite memory of mine is his first foray into the new DOOM game. His doubts going in that it was going to be what people want from DOOM, to hearing him cheer with joy after 30 minutes of game time is a real highlight. His Terraria playthrough with Jesse Cox is some of the funniest videogame content you'll find online.

Rest in peace John. You'll be missed by many.



                            

Carl said:

This one hit me really hard. I've followed TB since his early WoW Cataclysm days and he's always been one of my main channels when browsing Youtube gaming content. His commitment to PC gaming in general was second to none and his work put into the industry through helping smaller developers or working directly with the likes of Blizzard will forever be remembered.

One particularly favorite memory of mine is his first foray into the new DOOM game. His doubts going in that it was going to be what people want from DOOM, to hearing him cheer with joy after 30 minutes of game time is a real highlight. His Terraria playthrough with Jesse Cox is some of the funniest videogame content you'll find online.

Rest in peace John. You'll be missed by many.

Love that video. Gonna give that video another go.

 

RiP TB.