By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Monthly Writers' Thread: June 2018

What types of articles would you like to see most moving forward?

Interviews 1 8.33%

Game previews 1 8.33%

Retrospectives 2 16.67%

Top 10 lists 2 16.67%

Predictions 1 8.33%

Opinion pieces 5 41.67%

Other 0 0%

Total:12

Who's doing the Vampyr review?

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Who's doing the Vampyr review?

Jackson is scheduled to do the review.

TalonMan said:

A few weeks ago, I happened across this really old article - and I think this was a fantastic idea for the website in general (even ahead of its time, a bit!). And this is absolutely not a plug for me to take part in another interview like this because frankly, I'm really not sure I'd have the time to participate. But I do think articles like this are invaluable:
  - They become 100% unique content, as they are related solely to VGChartz
  - They may shed light on a writer/mod/admin/etc. who isn't as well known in the forums
  - It can give insight into some of the inner-workings of what goes on behind the scenes here
  - They allow the interviewee the opportunity to maybe tease out some new feature or article or announcement, that will be coming down the line

I highly recommend this type of format. When Machina did this with me, he simply emailed (or maybe it was even via PM) a list of questions and I just went down the list and answered them as best I could...  :)

I love the idea. It's very much like this idea I tried to execute a while back.

Like with you, this is absolutely not a plug for me either as it's way more work than it looks like lol but I'd love to see content like that on the site.

spemanig said:
TalonMan said:

A few weeks ago, I happened across this really old article - and I think this was a fantastic idea for the website in general (even ahead of its time, a bit!). And this is absolutely not a plug for me to take part in another interview like this because frankly, I'm really not sure I'd have the time to participate. But I do think articles like this are invaluable:
  - They become 100% unique content, as they are related solely to VGChartz
  - They may shed light on a writer/mod/admin/etc. who isn't as well known in the forums
  - It can give insight into some of the inner-workings of what goes on behind the scenes here
  - They allow the interviewee the opportunity to maybe tease out some new feature or article or announcement, that will be coming down the line

I highly recommend this type of format. When Machina did this with me, he simply emailed (or maybe it was even via PM) a list of questions and I just went down the list and answered them as best I could...  :)

I love the idea. It's very much like this idea I tried to execute a while back.

Like with you, this is absolutely not a plug for me either as it's way more work than it looks like lol but I'd love to see content like that on the site.

So who should be interviewed and by who? Who has a fascinating story to tell? haha

Just a quick update as we're halfway through the month now.

We've published a few articles on E3:

And a pretty rad interview:
Also, some sales estimates for God of War and Labo.

There have been eight reviews posted so far in June, with many more to come.

We hope you enjoy this original content. Please continue to post your recommendations and feedback!

Around the Network

I like articles about the history of gaming (the industry as a whole, a specific company, franchise, or anything else), interviews, retrospectives, and just about everything *except* predictions.

And, by the way, thanks for all of the work you all do to keep this site interesting!

TalonMan said:
Dulfite said:

So who should be interviewed and by who? Who has a fascinating story to tell? haha

I have several suggestions:

- Machina: He's pretty much running the show from an administrator role
 - TrunksWD: He's the hardware sales guru
 - TuckOSaurus: Development
 - CGI or Miguel: Head Mods
 - Versus: Head GameDB Admin
 - Kirby: Prediction League (and hell, because ANY interview with Kirby is sure to be fun!!!)
 - ioi!!!!  <----- Get him to answer a few questions, and you've got "Article of the Year"!!!!  ;)

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head...   ...as to "who" does the interview, you guys on the writing staff can draw straws! LOL!!! Again, as with that interview I had done, it doesn't need to be anything formal. Just write out about 10-20 questions via PM (or Discord), give these guys some time to answer, and then maybe start a new "Behind the scenes..." type feature, where once a week (or every other week) a new VGChartz interview comes out... 

This sounds like a very good idea for a series.  "The people of VGC" or something like that.  

do all of those suggestions in one big battle royal,royal rumble style interview

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

VAMatt said:
I like articles about the history of gaming (the industry as a whole, a specific company, franchise, or anything else), interviews, retrospectives, and just about everything *except* predictions.

And, by the way, thanks for all of the work you all do to keep this site interesting!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the history of gaming-articles. I should have the next part of the History of Metal Gear-series finished relatively soon, and now that I have a lot more free time than before I should be able to start putting them out much more consistently. At some point I also need to decide on what topic I'll be covering next. 

Darashiva said:
VAMatt said:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the history of gaming-articles. I should have the next part of the History of Metal Gear-series finished relatively soon, and now that I have a lot more free time than before I should be able to start putting them out much more consistently. At some point I also need to decide on what topic I'll be covering next. 

Yeah, "History of..." are generally my favorites.  Thanks for doing those.  

A few years ago, somebody did a series about the history of gaming, broken down into several-year periods.  Those were a big part of what got me coming to VGC.  I just remembered while typing this comment that I never read the last in that series.  I guess I should do that.