By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VI Vs Chrono Trigger:- Whos the king of SNES RPGs?

Off topic question: Has anybody seen those new Burger King ads? One of them has a futuristic "King" character where he proudly hands the people he's serving one of those BK breakfast burritos, oh and the cool part about it is that they use the FF themesong at least the opening song used in all of the classic games.

Around the Network

Awesome thread.Too bad I never own a snes, I wanted to buy one, but anyways, I will end up buying snes games for VC.

On the topic:Super Mario rpg(Geno FTW).

Final Fantasy 6 for me, Chrono Trigger was good, but not my fave on the SNES.

SoulBlazer and Secret of Mana were both great games, but they aren't in the same genre as FF or CT.

And neither FF6 nor CT is the best JRPG or even the best SNES JRPG.

Entroper said:
SoulBlazer and Secret of Mana were both great games, but they aren't in the same genre as FF or CT.

What do you see as the best SNES JRPG then?  

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Entroper said:

Either FF4 or FF5.

Super Mario RPG would always get my vote.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Entroper said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Entroper said:

Either FF4 or FF5.

FF5?  *writes off Entroper's opinion*

Words Of Wisdom said:

FF5? *writes off Entroper's opinion*

Yes, the only one with a really interesting character-building scheme.  (And FF4 with no character building whatsoever. ;))

Entroper said:

Yes, the only one with a really interesting character-building scheme. (And FF4 with no character building whatsoever. ;))

An interesting character development scheme crippled by ridiculous amounts of grinding, and a story that rivals the NES Final Fantasies in terms of flatness (featuring a final boss with the most ridiculous name since Death Adder). FF5 beats FF6 in terms of gameplay and character building, but loses in pretty much everything else.

On topic: I'd put Chrono Trigger over FF6, simply because of the gameplay mechanics. IMO they're pretty much even in other aspects, but in Chrono Trigger all of your characters are actually usable in a fight. 

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.