By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VI Vs Chrono Trigger:- Whos the king of SNES RPGs?

i have yet to play FFIV so its a one sided battle as of right now. Chrono Trigger is still my favorite RPG after all these years but i am looking forward to the ds remake of FFIV.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger, without a doubt ^^

Work in progress for now...

AND THE WINNER IS...

It's a tie!

Best SNES RPG of all-time??? Do you even have to ask?

Tecmo shatterd the mold with this 1. Not to mention the battle system and my belief that Tecmo could do no wrong in the gaming world.

Seriously, the title of best SNES RPG is way too subjective for there to be 1 definitive answer , especially with all the incredible titles on the SNES. My personal choice would be SuperMarioRPG:LotSS, with Earthbound and Secret Of Mana tying for a close 2nd.

the best snes rpg? well if its it just out of those 2 id say chrono trigger.....but my favorite snes rpg is lufia 2

Around the Network

SoulBlazer + FFIV + SoM + Earthbound.

All four of those games can challenge FFVI and CT.

It's always been Chrono Trigger to me. From my perspective it has both better gameplay and graphics than FFVI, and both had equally good music.

What sets CT apart is that it essentially corrects most faults that gamers could have with a RPG, there's no random encounters or load screens for battles, and the game doesn't take itself too serious.

It is truly a masterpiece.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Hmmm, out of the two I think I'd have to say Chrono Trigger^^; but I really like FFVI too ; ;

My favorite of all time is Earthbound though, might be the nostalgia effect, but that game was pure awesomeness in the form of a video game.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Secret of Mana.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)