By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anyone collect trading cards?

I used to do Yugioh, pokemon, Digimon, and MtG cards. But a hobby like that is quite expensive, even more so than video games, so I had to stop.

Around the Network

I played MtG a long time ago. I have still the cards (should look what they're worth these days). My time of activity falls into 3rd and 4th edition and Ice Age. I see that is definitely old. I have a nearly complete set of Ice Age.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
I played MtG a long time ago. I have still the cards (should look what they're worth these days). My time of activity falls into 3rd and 4th edition and Ice Age. I see that is definitely old. I have a nearly complete set of Ice Age.

Assuming you mean revised with 3rd you could be in for a suprise

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Mnementh said:

Looking it up you seem to be right, 3rd is Revised. But yeah, the ones don't having a symbol signifying the edition yet. I see I have more expansions than Ice Age though, Invasion, Legends, Arabian Nights, Mirage, Exodus, Nemesis I can identify.

But what surprise do you mean?

I have taken it out at this occurence and made a photo for you, so you have proof of my claims. As you can see unmarked cards are there and different expansions. The cards are in german, but they are actually the same as the englich one, only with translated texts.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
kirby007 said:

Looking it up you seem to be right, 3rd is Revised. But yeah, the ones don't having a symbol signifying the edition yet. I see I have more expansions than Ice Age though, Invasion, Legends, Arabian Nights, Mirage, Exodus, Nemesis I can identify.

I have taken it out at this occurence and made a photo for you, so you have proof of my claims. As you can see unmarked cards are there and different expansions. The cards are in german, but they are actually the same as the englich one, only with translated texts.

Revised has some expensive cards it in mainly the lands tho

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Mnementh said:

Revised has some expensive cards it in mainly the lands tho

The lands are valuable? There were masses of them in the base packs. And as I started with this, most of my base packs were Revised.

EDIT: or do you mean the special lands?

Jup them double lands prices vary between 50 and 400 euro just for revised

kirby007 said:

Jup them double lands prices vary between 50 and 400 euro just for revised

Hmm, that's a lot. i don't think I have a lot of these double lands, they were rare, but I think I have one or two.

I use to collect Yugioh way back but kinda went down hill after the original series. GX was alright tho as well but was just too much with all that Synchro, XYZ etc...

Now I just get random Yugioh cards that are based from the original show to collect.

My brother still actively collects Yugioh cards and I sometimes help him to open his displays.
Does this count?