By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo Remake?

What is your favorite Nintendo Remake?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 9 15.79%

Super Mario All-Stars 10 17.54%

Metroid: Samus Returns 13 22.81%

Mario Kart 8 DX 2 3.51%

Kirby Super Star Ultra 2 3.51%

Metroid: Zero Mission 7 12.28%

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D 1 1.75%

Super Mario 64 DS 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD 10 17.54%

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD 3 5.26%

Total:57

I hate all remakes so I vote for none.

Around the Network

I mean, how can you not vote for the 4 games in 1 of All Stars?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Problematic poll. A number of these are remasters, including all the Zelda titles listed.

Personally, I would say the best remake Nintendo have made is Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia which, bizarrely, isn't even an option here! Followed by Samus Returns. Both turned archaic, black sheep into stylish contemporary games. I'd also say that Heart Gold is my third favourite Nintendo remake.

Ocarina 3D and Majora's Mask 3D are my favourite remasters.

Well most of these aren't remakes, but I'd probably go with Super Mario All-Stars, though Ocarina 3D made it playable for me, couldn't deal with 18fps.

TP HD i love that Zelda!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Zero Mission and Samus Rerturns. Those two are true remakes with massive gameplay changes/improvements.

Games like Ocarina of Time 3D feel more like graphically improved ports, compared to both Metroids.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Do you ever talk positively about something?

Ocarina 3D is a remake in the most literal sense of the word, they remade the exact same thing, but I can see why it’s questionable to include it with some of the others. I’ll stick with the more obvious ones myself as well.

Sadly I haven’t played Zero Mission, I want to, but I wasn’t paying attention during the GBA era. Samus Returns is great though, basically a new game altogether. Mario All-Stars is an obvious pick, it vastly improves the originals in every way, especially the first game. Mario 64 is cool to have on a portable, but it’s control scheme is definitely worse than on N64.

It’s between Mario All-Stars and Samus Returns for me. I think I’ve got to give the edge to Metroid.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 22 May 2018

CaptainExplosion said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Then what are you even doing here?

I wanted to vote for none. There's no option for that so I had to do a "write in".

RedKingXIII said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Do you ever talk positively about something?

Yes. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8805907

But you don't pay attention unless I am being critical of something you like. I own all systems and say good/bad things about all three.