By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo Remake?

What is your favorite Nintendo Remake?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 9 15.79%

Super Mario All-Stars 10 17.54%

Metroid: Samus Returns 13 22.81%

Mario Kart 8 DX 2 3.51%

Kirby Super Star Ultra 2 3.51%

Metroid: Zero Mission 7 12.28%

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D 1 1.75%

Super Mario 64 DS 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD 10 17.54%

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD 3 5.26%

Total:57

It's a tough choice between OoT 3D and WWHD... OoT was/is/always will be my all time favourite game, so the remaster to me was just an aesthetic upgrade. Still the preferred version to play (on 3DS). But WWHD improved on a few major things that absolutely drove me crazy on the gamecube. Wind Waker went from a decent game to one of my favourite games just because of the improvements with the remaster... I guess I will have to go with Wind Waker HD!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Why no StarFox 64?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Why isn't SoV an option again?

Pemalite said:
Why no StarFox 64?

That was more a retcon than a remake.

LoZ: Ocerina 3d was really neat when i played it in 3d on the 3ds.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Pemalite said:
Why no StarFox 64?

Then why not Star Fox 64 3D ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I could only fit so many on the poll. :(

CaptainExplosion said:
Mar1217 said:

I could only fit so many on the poll. :(

Technically you did bring 2 remasters and one enhanced port also :3

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

captain carot said:
spemanig said:

While I do think that OoT is an overrated game

No offense, but i really think you're to young to realisze how great Ocarina of Time really was at it's time. Even compared to PC-games of that time. It was a real milestone in many ways at it's time.

Today it's at least very playable. While most 3D games of that era feel like crap today.

No offense, but I don't really care how great you think OoT was at its time. It's not as great now while other better games both before and after it still are; that means it never was as great as people thought it was. They were just wow'd by the milestone it was. In a lot of ways, people have done the same with BotW now. Hell, even I did at first. It was an extremely important, but overrated game. That's fine. OoT3D fixed a lot of it, and I'm sure the eventual HD port will finally fix the shitty camera and finally make it more than "at least very playable."

It speaks volumes that a remake of a game like Super Metroid, Earthbound, or SotN would more likely be worse. Gen 5 was the generation of growing pains, the severity of which never touched another generation, and OoT is just as emblematic of that as the rest. Plus it turned Zelda into a linear, puzzle fest, so screw it.

Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:
captain carot said:

No offense, but i really think you're to young to realisze how great Ocarina of Time really was at it's time. Even compared to PC-games of that time. It was a real milestone in many ways at it's time.

Today it's at least very playable. While most 3D games of that era feel like crap today.

No offense, but I don't really care how great you think OoT was at its time. It's not as great now while other better games both before and after it still are; that means it never was as great as people thought it was. They were just wow'd by the milestone it was. In a lot of ways, people have done the same with BotW now. Hell, even I did at first. It was an extremely important, but overrated game. That's fine. OoT3D fixed a lot of it, and I'm sure the eventual HD port will finally fix the shitty camera and finally make it more than "at least very playable."

It speaks volumes that a remake of a game like Super Metroid, Earthbound, or SotN would more likely be worse. Gen 5 was the generation of growing pains, the severity of which never touched another generation, and OoT is just as emblematic of that as the rest. Plus it turned Zelda into a linear, puzzle fest, so screw it.

BotW part makes me almost wanna say I don't agree with everything, but deep down I know it's true too.