By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

Who needs to have a good E3 showing?

Sony 6 4.65%

Nintendo 57 44.19%

Microsoft 66 51.16%

Total:129

Forza

Around the Network

Sony already has more than enough AAA exclusive games already announced to cover up for the rest of the year (Spiderman, Detroit), 2019 (Days Gone, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima) and 2020 (Death Stranding, TLOU Part 2), so they dont really need it, and thats not counting whatever they announce this year or the next ones, plus the typical japanese exclusives they get every year like Yakuza, Trails of, Nino Kuni etc, (granted some of them end up on PC and some of them dont).

Nintendo probably had the strongest start ive ever seen of any console, kickass hardware and kickass exclusive one after the other, and i think this E3 is gonna be essential for them to keep the momentum they have builded up so far.

Microsoft does need some great announcements but to be honest at this point in the race its not like its gonna change much (we are just about 2 years away from next gen), still i do believe they should support their system until the very end.

Last edited by estebxx - on 21 May 2018

Aeolus451 said:
TheBird said:
Microsoft is going to rock the stage with Horizon 4 like they did in 2016 with Horizon 3. Especially if the game is in Japan like rumored. But this E3 won't change much for the current Xbox situation.

Sony seems to be doing the same old same old with their 10 hours short, $80 overpriced player once single player games.

Nintendo would need to show off some titles for later this year, if they don't it will be troubling, the first half of the year for them has been crap really with not so fun titles coming out. Need some real games like Pokemon and Smash bros coming out faster.
This is the biggest E3 for the Switch imo to see how the future of it will hold up in the casual audience.

Horizon 3 and 4? What are those?

Must be Forza.

REDZONE said:
Aura7541 said:

Ancel and Wild Sheep Studios are still working on it. It's just that Ancel is juggling both WiLD and Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is a very tall order.

Ohhh I see,thought it was Sony first party doing the game.

It's first party in the sense of something like Bloodborne.

I'll say Nintendo because there's just so much we don't know about their lineup for their heavy hitters, and Microsoft is having their own presentation away from the convention center. Sony could show an ice cube melting and PS4 would sell at this point.

Around the Network

Nintendo.

Switch is still new and it’s fate isn’t set in stone yet.

Nintendo needs to prove that the Switch is meant for much more than WiiU ports...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Microsoft, because Nintendo can do these any time of the year with it's Directs. But I agree that we need more information for future games

DonFerrari said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Nintendo and Sony could send a guys out on stage, have them drop their pants and shit... and people will still buy their respective consoles. Microsoft on the other hand...

The pressure is clearly on Microsoft to finally show gamers that they mean business.

Some would say that MS could put X1 to sell at 100 USD with 3 games and it would still not move the needle.

It's in a dead heat in the US with PS4 so I can assure you, if that happened, it would destroy everything in that territory.

AlfredoTurkey said:
DonFerrari said:

Some would say that MS could put X1 to sell at 100 USD with 3 games and it would still not move the needle.

It's in a dead heat in the US with PS4 so I can assure you, if that happened, it would destroy everything in that territory.

In US sure, but WW even at 100 (it is already regularly seeling at 199) it wouldn't sell much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."