By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

 

Who needs to have a good E3 showing?

Sony 6 4.65%
 
Nintendo 57 44.19%
 
Microsoft 66 51.16%
 
Total:129
HollyGamer said:
twintail said:

Same route? You mean with a stream event?

Not traditionally the same press conference , but it's more audio and fans conference  

at this point in time theres no reason to believe it wont be a traditional presser. 



Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

Sony is pretty much set, in my opinion. They have WiLD, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, and Death Stranding for 2019/2020. I think the Medievil remaster and Dreams will be pushed into 2019, as well. The PS4 will also have 3rd party games like Shenmue 3 and Final Fantasy VII Part 1 to help fill the gaps between Sony's 1st party releases.

Nintendo, show me that Smash and Pokemon.

After the disappointing reception of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2, I would say Microsoft has the most pressure to deliver. This year is Forza Horizon year, so that definitely helps.

Wtf became of Wild?Haven't heard about that game in years.



TheBird said:
Microsoft is going to rock the stage with Horizon 4 like they did in 2016 with Horizon 3. Especially if the game is in Japan like rumored. But this E3 won't change much for the current Xbox situation.

Sony seems to be doing the same old same old with their 10 hours short, $80 overpriced player once single player games.

Nintendo would need to show off some titles for later this year, if they don't it will be troubling, the first half of the year for them has been crap really with not so fun titles coming out. Need some real games like Pokemon and Smash bros coming out faster.
This is the biggest E3 for the Switch imo to see how the future of it will hold up in the casual audience.

Haven't seem a Sony game announced for more than 60 USD as far as I remember, and also most of their games I put at least 30h... 12-16h on the first pass of the story and another 14-18h to get the platinum.

But I get it isn't your cup of tea and that MS will win the E3 by showing a Forza iteration.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

AlfredoTurkey said:
Nintendo and Sony could send a guys out on stage, have them drop their pants and shit... and people will still buy their respective consoles. Microsoft on the other hand...

The pressure is clearly on Microsoft to finally show gamers that they mean business.

Some would say that MS could put X1 to sell at 100 USD with 3 games and it would still not move the needle.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JRPGfan said:
TheBird said:
Microsoft is going to rock the stage with Horizon 4 like they did in 2016 with Horizon 3. Especially if the game is in Japan like rumored. But this E3 won't change much for the current Xbox situation.

Sony seems to be doing the same old same old with their 10 hours short, $80 overpriced player once single player games.

Nintendo would need to show off some titles for later this year, if they don't it will be troubling, the first half of the year for them has been crap really with not so fun titles coming out. Need some real games like Pokemon and Smash bros coming out faster.
This is the biggest E3 for the Switch imo to see how the future of it will hold up in the casual audience.

God of War with the extras is like 30hours... if you want to 100% it, its like 50hours.
Also its 60$... plus theres something to be said about quality.

Would you rather play a multiplayer online shooter, with a "meh" experiance, that  you can play for months if you want too, or a single player that ll give you a insanely good 30hours? Some people value the "experiance" over the time you can spend on a game.

I guess I have played 15-20h already and just got the black elf boss... but that is because I'm playin on "I want god of war difficult" and killing the level 6 monsters while just getting to lvl 2 myself is quite hard and time consuming =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
Aura7541 said:

Sony is pretty much set, in my opinion. They have WiLD, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, and Death Stranding for 2019/2020. I think the Medievil remaster and Dreams will be pushed into 2019, as well. The PS4 will also have 3rd party games like Shenmue 3 and Final Fantasy VII Part 1 to help fill the gaps between Sony's 1st party releases.

Nintendo, show me that Smash and Pokemon.

After the disappointing reception of Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2, I would say Microsoft has the most pressure to deliver. This year is Forza Horizon year, so that definitely helps.

Wtf became of Wild?Haven't heard about that game in years.

Ancel and Wild Sheep Studios are still working on it. It's just that Ancel is juggling both WiLD and Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is a very tall order.



Aura7541 said:
REDZONE said:

Wtf became of Wild?Haven't heard about that game in years.

Ancel and Wild Sheep Studios are still working on it. It's just that Ancel is juggling both WiLD and Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is a very tall order.

The trailer of Wild had me pretty excited at the time.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Madword said:
TheBird said:
Microsoft is going to rock the stage with Horizon 4 like they did in 2016 with Horizon 3. Especially if the game is in Japan like rumored. But this E3 won't change much for the current Xbox situation.

Sony seems to be doing the same old same old with their 10 hours short, $80 overpriced player once single player games.

Nintendo would need to show off some titles for later this year, if they don't it will be troubling, the first half of the year for them has been crap really with not so fun titles coming out. Need some real games like Pokemon and Smash bros coming out faster.
This is the biggest E3 for the Switch imo to see how the future of it will hold up in the casual audience.

This is one of those jokes on the internet that I dont get right?

Probably a reference to The Order:1886, which was very short and underwhelming with zero replay value.



Aura7541 said:
REDZONE said:

Wtf became of Wild?Haven't heard about that game in years.

Ancel and Wild Sheep Studios are still working on it. It's just that Ancel is juggling both WiLD and Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is a very tall order.

Ohhh I see,thought it was Sony first party doing the game.



TheBird said:
Microsoft is going to rock the stage with Horizon 4 like they did in 2016 with Horizon 3. Especially if the game is in Japan like rumored. But this E3 won't change much for the current Xbox situation.

Sony seems to be doing the same old same old with their 10 hours short, $80 overpriced player once single player games.

Nintendo would need to show off some titles for later this year, if they don't it will be troubling, the first half of the year for them has been crap really with not so fun titles coming out. Need some real games like Pokemon and Smash bros coming out faster.
This is the biggest E3 for the Switch imo to see how the future of it will hold up in the casual audience.

Horizon 3 and 4? What are those?