By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is more dependant on E3 this year? Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

Who needs to have a good E3 showing?

Sony 6 4.65%

Nintendo 57 44.19%

Microsoft 66 51.16%

Total:129

Xbox doesn't have any exclusives, so Microsoft needs to start showing otherwise... They have the right hardware on the market, they just need the software to actually make it shine.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's in a dead heat in the US with PS4 so I can assure you, if that happened, it would destroy everything in that territory.

In US sure, but WW even at 100 (it is already regularly seeling at 199) it wouldn't sell much.

I agree. Xbox shouldn't even BE in Japan and outside of the UK, it's dead on arrival in Europe as well. Microsoft should really only focus on the UK and the US.

MS is dead in the water, Sony has won the gen...  So Nintendo by default, and they will likely knock it out of the park.

John2290 said:
FentonCrackshell said:
If Sony has a strong E3 I'll be surprised. What more can Sony possibly have in store that we don't yet know about? Nintendo's E3 will be lauded if they only show a few things. If Nintendo shows a new Smash Bros. then that's all is needed. I'm not sure what Microsoft can do at this point to win people over. With all honesty I can't imagine how anyone can say X1 is in a better position than PS4 at the moment. And yes, there are folks out there who truly believe this.

Indeed. Nintendo need to throw all their chips in right now if they want to keep on track to what they've projected. 

No they dont, people are saying same thing for Nintendo presentation in January last year and for E3 last year. Nintendo is focusing on games that will be released in near future, they even said this E3 will be focused on 2018. games, simple because they can always show some games in any Direct in later date.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 22 May 2018

AlfredoTurkey said:
DonFerrari said:

In US sure, but WW even at 100 (it is already regularly seeling at 199) it wouldn't sell much.

I agree. Xbox shouldn't even BE in Japan and outside of the UK, it's dead on arrival in Europe as well. Microsoft should really only focus on the UK and the US.

Well, I don't really think they are focusing outside of those two countries. That is why I don't think it would be impossible for a shift from circa 58% to 70% this gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."