By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Grand Prix?! O_O

AlfredoTurkey said:

I've been doing car/motorcycle combat since Road Rash on Genesis. It's nothing new. People will yawn at this if it happens and it will die quickly.

Retro was the studio which gave birth to the original Metroid Prime for crying out loud. They deserve better.

we know almost nothing about the game. how can you confidently say that you've been there and done that?

you're right, retro was that studio. so don't you think it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt no matter what they've been working on?

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Thechalkblock said:
i actually think this sounds super cool. a star fox racing game with all the star fox gameplay included. blasting people in front of you to try to win would be fun.

I've been doing car/motorcycle combat since Road Rash on Genesis. It's nothing new. People will yawn at this if it happens and it will die quickly.

Retro was the studio which gave birth to the original Metroid Prime for crying out loud. They deserve better.

Or maybe this is what Retro wanted to do, like when they wanted to develop DKCR.

Sorry, but the implementation of starfox universe  and mechanics is way more entertaining than just another fzero.

Just let it go, at least Cap. Falcon will remain alive in Smash

We reap what we sow

Kai_Mao said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Or maybe this is what Retro wanted to do, like when they wanted to develop DKCR.

If that's the case, it's time to let them go. DKCR did not set the world on fire and neither will this. If this is all they can do now, then they're not really worth the payroll.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Yeah, this rumor makes too little sense to be real and these insiders have been wrong before. Right now I'll entertain the idea but I honestly think it's either not real or miscommunication and that it's actually F-Zero.

Well when multiply reliable insiders saying same thing, than chance that thing is real is far more higher compared that its not real.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

Well, Eurogamer did also claim the Pokemon Stars rumour was backed up by "multiple sources".

I don't recall if Eurogamer at the time said those sources had a history of credibility, but there are a number of possibilities here. Neither of which makes me consider this info from Eurogamer as more unlikely than likely.

- The info was wrong.
It happens. But how much have they gotten right in recent times, vs wrong? And for future reference they may no longer consider this source credible.

- Plans for Stars changed/it was cancelled.
This also happens some times.

- Stars became Ultra Sun/Moon for 3DS instead.

- The direction for Stars changed from a third version of Sun/Moon to something else, and Ultra Sun/Moon filled that void instead.

Yeah, even if sometime some EG rumour don't make true at end, they are far more often right than wrong.

Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

Well, Eurogamer did also claim the Pokemon Stars rumour was backed up by "multiple sources".

I don't recall if Eurogamer at the time said those sources had a history of credibility, but there are a number of possibilities here. Neither of which makes me consider this info from Eurogamer as more unlikely than likely.

- The info was wrong.
It happens. But how much have they gotten right in recent times, vs wrong? And for future reference they may no longer consider this source credible.

- Plans for Stars changed/it was cancelled.
This also happens some times.

- Stars became Ultra Sun/Moon for 3DS instead.

- The direction for Stars changed from a third version of Sun/Moon to something else, and Ultra Sun/Moon filled that void instead.

Bear in mind that things like wrong info or plans changing could happen to Starfox as well.

Eurogamer also called Mother 3 as coming West in 2016, which didn't eventuate.

Not saying this isn't happening, but it's way too early to treat it as confirmed.

Miyamotoo said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:
Yeah, this rumor makes too little sense to be real and these insiders have been wrong before. Right now I'll entertain the idea but I honestly think it's either not real or miscommunication and that it's actually F-Zero.

Well when multiply reliable insiders saying same thing, than chance that thing is real is far more higher compared that its not real.

They could just be piggybacking off of eurogamers credibility to boost their own or looking for attention.

Honestly, unless their is an actual leaked footage or image I'm not gonna believe this. It makes almost no sense.

Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

Bear in mind that things like wrong info or plans changing could happen to Starfox as well.

Eurogamer also called Mother 3 as coming West in 2016, which didn't eventuate.

Not saying this isn't happening, but it's way too early to treat it as confirmed.

I did. Though here's why I considered it more likely than unlikely.
I had heard that "many" news outlets heard/corroborated the same thing. I also heard that Eurogamer specified that their source had been credible in the past.
Though as I look into this, I'm not sure who this "many" is referring to. So far I've only found news sites referencing a Reddit user, who EG says has a "patchy" history.
And in Eurogamer's own article, I don't see them describing their own source's prior credibility. You'd think it would be a given that they wouldn't report info as a rumor from someone who hasn't been credible with these things in the past to a certain degree, but it's not impossible that this is just someone they know has a working relationship with Nintendo.

So rather than "many" and "credible", from what I can see there are three different sources.
A random from 4chan.
A reddit poster with a patchy track record.
And a Eurogamer source with undisclosed credibility.

Unless I missed something. So rather than leaning towards this being more likely, I'm now more on the uncertain side.

That's the thing, even Eurogamer sound cautious and reserved in their report, where they cite the original leaker as having a "patchy" record.

Which is the correct journalistic approach; when something is unproven, treat it as such. A lot of people seem to be accepting this rumour as gospel before it's even verified.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They could just be piggybacking off of eurogamers credibility to boost their own or looking for attention.

Honestly, unless their is an actual leaked footage or image I'm not gonna believe this. It makes almost no sense.

Actually most leeks were before EG made article, and even few months ago some insiders were hinting something Star Fox related, also IGN, Eurogamer, Emily, Kotaku, Dasbergen Gamexplain and Game Informer have all backed this rumor up.

You almost never have leaked footage of image for such a leaks because it's far easier to track leak to source based on actual image of footage. Like I wrote, when multiply reliable insiders saying same thing, than chance that thing is real is far more higher compared that its not real.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 16 May 2018