By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Grand Prix?! O_O

KLAMarine said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

The ending where Fox gets depressed after losing Krystal and then takes Falco's advice of joining basically F-Zero with him (G-Zero).

Wow. Sounds like crap... Krystal better be in this and as a member of Star Fox.

She might be in as a member of Star Wolf. It seemed like a common theme with the endings.

Around the Network

Krystal is... alright. Though I don't understand what the problem would be with her inclusion. She is Fox's love interest and has appeared in a few games so I think that would justify her inclusion.

Don't know how they're gonna handle her character though.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
KLAMarine said:

Wow. Sounds like crap... Krystal better be in this and as a member of Star Fox.

She might be in as a member of Star Wolf. It seemed like a common theme with the endings.

I would like to have two versions: a Star Fox and a Star Wolf version. The more options, the better.

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet, there's still a very real possibility this is a bogus rumour, like Pokemon Stars.

Why :(

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet, there's still a very real possibility this is a bogus rumour, like Pokemon Stars.

Indeed.  

Also a chance it could be real and quite good.

And on a side note, I know everyone thinks of Retro as the Metroid Prime guys but from what we heard and what they said, they intentionally sought to work on DK.  So it's entirely possible *they* don't see them as the Prime guys and don't want to work on those types of games.  

Anyway, I am on the skeptical side.  It's May and it's Retro's project.  The odds are very high this is bogus.

I don't believe it, but would be fine with it if it's real, even though I'll wish it was Kirby Air Ride. It's Retro so it'll surely be good, hell probably the best Star Fox game ever.

mZuzek said:
KLAMarine said:

No way. The more options, the better.

Yeah, let's have Goku and Shrek in it since we're at it, right? I mean it's more options!

Dude, just no. Keep non-Star Fox characters out of my Star Fox game, please. Especially if they're furry girl characters.

And don't get started on how Krystal is a Star Fox character. She isn't, she never was, she never will be.

If this is real, do you honestly expect Krystal to not be playable? From what I gather she's probably the next most popular character after Fox/Peppy/Falco/Wolf, infact those are probably the only Starfox characters most people know.

TH3-D0S3R said:
Miyamotoo said:

Retro is probably one of most secretive team in industry, like that isnt enugh, team that works for Nintendo.

Star Fox Zero wasnt good game, that doent mean that next game want be good or that will perform same. F-Zero also was never strong IP.

Nothing tells us its cart game, and it sounds that game is quite big.

I'm talking on the fact that Star Fox Zero bombed hard for Wii U exclusive standards. I just cant comprehend why they would go right back to an IP that severely underperformed on a disappointing system where nearly every Nintendo exclusive sold well on. I think if they wanted to rework the Star Fox franchise this would be the exact way to do it (because let's be honest, Star Fox's system of a $60 game for a 3 hour on rail shooter is sorta outdated in today's modern gaming landscape). However, Star Fox (minus Star Fox 64) has performed relatively equal to F-Zero. I just think it would be better to revisit a franchise that hasn't seen the daylight for 15 years than to rework a franchise that is seemingly dying as compared to its peak.

Again, if this is real, I trust Retro to make it work, it's just not what I wanted and I don't think it's likely. Until this is shown off in the E3 Direct, I have no reason to believe this is real.

I know what are you talking about, but like I wrote, Star Fox Zero wasnt good game and thats why didnt had good sales, but that doesnt mean that next game want be good or that will perform same. Also this game doesnt sound at all like classic Star Fox game it sounds like F-Zero/Diddy Kong Racing in Star Fox universe. Also, this game could easily be in development before Star Fox Zero was launched.

Asriel said: 
Kotaku are reporting that Retro were working on another game that had a troubled development which may have been cancelled; Game Informer are reporting that it's Star Fox that's had the troubled development; IGN are reporting SF: Grand Prix has a 2019 release date.

Odds are this is real - I'd like it as a 2018 release, but the 2019 release makes sense in light of the Kotaku/Game Informer suggestions. If another project was cancelled, or this game has had a troubled development, it makes sense that it won't be ready this year.

No, other game has troubled development not this one.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/996134780960985088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23996134780960985088

Mar1217 said: 

Hating/Praising relationship since 2001 

This.

Umm, I got the feeling that this rumour is fake. 

Sounds awesome, and I wouldn't be all that disappointed myself. I do feel that Retro has earned the right to do their own IP, though. I still wish we'd seen Ravenblade back on the GCN.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7