By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 18): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 30 - May 6, 2018 (Golden Week)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

32 internet pages open!?! I thought I was bad for having like 10

I'm at around 70 pages

And that's down from almost 100

Oh myyyy, I gotta step my game up lol 

Around the Network

Dat Switch domination in the top 20, but I thought it'd get a bigger hardware boost. Good DK numbers

God of War has had a good hold so far.

Switch software does not disappoint and seeing Botw so close to a million sold on Switch alone makes me very happy.

Minecraft retail for Switch is releasing in June in Japan.

Miyamotoo said:
Minecraft retail for Switch is releasing in June in Japan.

How about for the other countries?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Nice to see PS4 doing good numbers again, stock issues were really painful to watch.

God of War with decent legs, next week it will be at 100k+ which is really not bad for Japan.

Megiddo said:
Miyamotoo said:

Almost 200k for now is good regardless Labo stock.

Not sure why you think that. There was a major marketing push for Labo. Only selling ~200k units of the ~400k first shipment isn't particularly good. I won't say it's bad either, but it's certainly not good. I'm curious to see how much it sells next week.

I guess it could be worse. But, considering all the points in Labo's favor, this isn't that great. It had a big marketing push. A good 1st shipment, so selling out wouldn't be a problem. Not only are we in its 3rd week, but this was Golden Week, a holiday known for its increase in sales, especially items geared towards kids. Remember, that was the excuse for its poor sales. "It's for kids, they don't buy things at this point. It'll increase greatly during the holidays." Well, Golden Week was the "first" real test for it, but it pretty much failed that test. 

thismeintiel said:
Megiddo said:

Not sure why you think that. There was a major marketing push for Labo. Only selling ~200k units of the ~400k first shipment isn't particularly good. I won't say it's bad either, but it's certainly not good. I'm curious to see how much it sells next week.

I guess it could be worse. But, considering all the points in Labo's favor, this isn't that great. It had a big marketing push. A good 1st shipment, so selling out wouldn't be a problem. Not only are we in its 3rd week, but this was Golden Week, a holiday known for its increase in sales, especially items geared towards kids. Remember, that was the excuse for its poor sales. "It's for kids, they don't buy things at this point. It'll increase greatly during the holidays." Well, Golden Week was the "first" real test for it, but it pretty much failed that test. 

How exactly has it failed that test ? It is the 2nd best selling none debut Game for the 'Golden' week, I don't see how that equates to failing any 'test'. 

If you are talking about its sales numbers in total, for something likely to sell on legs due to word of mouth, it is still well within that trajectory.

duduspace1 said:
thismeintiel said:

How exactly has it failed that test ? It is the 2nd best selling none debut Game for the 'Golden' week, I don't see how that equates to failing any 'test'. 

If you are talking about its sales numbers in total, for something likely to sell on legs due to word of mouth, it is still well within that trajectory.

Hes being shortsighted, cherrypicking etc. etc. Simply look at his history

He would have called brain training a failure aswell

brain training sold 45k first week about 20% of its initial shipment and ended up selling 20 million

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

thismeintiel said:
Megiddo said:

First sales are not poor, 190k is not bad number. Second how exactly failed test!? Labo sold better than it did last week, what did you actually expect!? When people talk about holiday season they meant about holiday season at end of year, not about Golden Week that can't be really compared with scope and strength with holiday season.