By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 18): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 30 - May 6, 2018 (Golden Week)

thismeintiel said:
Megiddo said:

So taking Far Cry 5's performance on this Golden Week (which will have by far the highest sales of the next two months) you think selling 4.5k a week consistently would be good for Labo? It would take around 45 weeks at that point to completely sell through the initial shipment.

Like I've said before, the goalpost moving for Labo is astounding. I have fully admitted that there is a chance it picks up this holiday season. But, for people to actually try to make its performance up until now seem good is ridiculous. Like you said, other games jumped 50%, while Labo only saw ~20%-25% growth, after a big drop last week. And now Top 15, even though 15th is always low, is good? Boy. 

The only goalpost being moved is the one in your mind...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@Miyamotoo Are you still expecting Labo sales in the first month to be greater than 2 million units?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8756029

@zorg1000 Are you still expecting the Labo Variety kit to sell 4.5 million and Robot kit to sell 2.5 million by the end of 2018?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8756044

Megiddo said:

@Miyamotoo Are you still expecting Labo sales in the first month to be greater than 2 million units?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8756029

@zorg1000 Are you still expecting the Labo Variety kit to sell 4.5 million and Robot kit to sell 2.5 million by the end of 2018?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8756044

That was a bit of a joke, i thought the winking face made that clear. I dont think i ever gave a real 2018 prediction but overall yes i do believe Labo will still go on to be a big success.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

To be a joke something should be funny. What was funny? Someone replied that my predictions were 'sensible' and then you said, that the predictions would only be reasonable if multiplied by 5. There's no comedy there. That's you directly telling me that my prediction was only 20% of what you considered to be sensible.

Megiddo said:

To be a joke something should be funny. What was funny? Someone replied that my predictions were 'sensible' and then you said, that the predictions would only be reasonable if multiplied by 5. There's no comedy there. That's you directly telling me that my prediction was only 20% of what you considered to be sensible.

Are you really trying to start an argument over whether or not a silly comment was meant to be silly?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

U butthurt some users made shitty predictions? Gj generaling that to the whole website 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Not at all. Just pointing out some relatively highly active users in this thread's predictions in terms of Labo. Basically, pointing out that its performance in Japan has been not good relative to what some highly active users were expecting.

@zorg1000 Next time I make a sensible prediction, it'd help to simply not say anything at all if you don't want to be taken to task for your reply. Labo will do pretty much around what I expected it to do, albeit the variety kit will likely be higher and the robot kit lower since the ratio seems much higher than the 9:5 I expected. Nintendo enthusiasts are all over it. Not much interest elsewhere. ;) <--- totally a joke LOL

Last edited by Megiddo - on 10 May 2018

Megiddo said:

Not at all. Just pointing out some relatively highly active users in this thread's predictions in terms of Labo. Basically, pointing out that its performance in Japan has been not good relative to what some highly active users were expecting.

@zorg1000 Next time I make a sensible prediction, it'd help to simply not say anything at all if you don't want to be taken to task for your reply. Labo will do pretty much around what I expected it to do, albeit the variety kit will likely be higher and the robot kit lower since the ratio seems much higher than the 9:5 I expected.

How often do people use winking emojis when not being silly/playful/sarcastic?

Maybe dont be an angry old grump.

Relax man, I added a winking emoticon for you. It's just a silly/playful/sarcastic response.

In my experience winking emoticons can also be used in passive aggressive posts. ;)

Last edited by Megiddo - on 10 May 2018

Again I ask, what Japanese retailer is going to want to order a big shipment of Labo for the holidays when it can't even move its initial shipment?

At that point Smash or Pokemon or Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem or whatever is going to be the thing to get for Xmas. I just don't understand where this mindset of "oh sure, it'll have middling sales for 6 months, but then it's gonna skyrocket just watch". People say that it's like toys, but they don't understand that toys don't require a $300 purchase to go along with the toy.