By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 18): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 30 - May 6, 2018 (Golden Week)

kirby007 said:
duduspace1 said:

How exactly has it failed that test ? It is the 2nd best selling none debut Game for the 'Golden' week, I don't see how that equates to failing any 'test'. 

If you are talking about its sales numbers in total, for something likely to sell on legs due to word of mouth, it is still well within that trajectory.

Hes being shortsighted, cherrypicking etc. etc. Simply look at his history

He would have called brain training a failure aswell

brain training sold 45k first week about 20% of its initial shipment and ended up selling 20 million

Did Brain Training have giant displays in stores and full on TV advertising blitz? Something tells me it did not, but I could be wrong.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

First sales are not poor, 190k is not bad number. Second how exactly failed test!? Labo sold better than it did last week, what did you actually expect!? When people talk about holiday season they meant about holiday season at end of year, not about Golden Week that can't be really compared with scope and strength with holiday season.

Considering that pretty much all other Nintendo first-party Switch software got boosts over 50% Labo only getting 20-25% isn't a very good sign. If it's something that can be gifted at Xmas then it would have been gifted for Children's Day. Famitsu still shows it at 40-60% sell-through and I'm pretty sure we all know what video games sales are like in the 3-5 weeks after Golden Week. The fact of the matter is that retailers still have around half the inventory of their first shipment of Labo in their warehouses.  Retailers are not just going to let it sit there until Xmas. There will be price drops and other attempts to move the inventory. And think, how many retailers are going to be wanting to get another shipment of Labo for the holidays if the initial shipment didn't exactly fly off the shelf? It's not good for Labo.

King of the Wild with its amazibg performance.
Good Switch week. Hopefully it won't drop hard next week.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/33588/max-king-of-the-wild/

I wouldn't call his "performance" great.

Signature goes here!

Megiddo said:
Miyamotoo said:

First sales are not poor, 190k is not bad number. Second how exactly failed test!? Labo sold better than it did last week, what did you actually expect!? When people talk about holiday season they meant about holiday season at end of year, not about Golden Week that can't be really compared with scope and strength with holiday season.

Considering that pretty much all other Nintendo first-party Switch software got boosts over 50% Labo only getting 20-25% isn't a very good sign. If it's something that can be gifted at Xmas then it would have been gifted for Children's Day. Famitsu still shows it at 40-60% sell-through and I'm pretty sure we all know what video games sales are like in the 3-5 weeks after Golden Week. The fact of the matter is that retailers still have around half the inventory of their first shipment of Labo in their warehouses.  Retailers are not just going to let it sit there until Xmas. There will be price drops and other attempts to move the inventory. And think, how many retailers are going to be wanting to get another shipment of Labo for the holidays if the initial shipment didn't exactly fly off the shelf? It's not good for Labo.

Yeah, Labo had lower boost than some other games, but on other hand Labo had launch only 1-2 week before Golden Week. You look to much in those stock situation, and we will see Labo legs in folowing weeks.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Pavolink said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/33588/max-king-of-the-wild/

I wouldn't call his "performance" great.

Damn. He really was a bad boy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

@Miyamotoo Alright then, what is a good weekly baseline for Labo do you think in order for it to show legs?

Megiddo said:
@Miyamotoo Alright then, what is a good weekly baseline for Labo do you think in order for it to show legs?

Dont know for sure, maybe constantly being in top 15.

So taking Far Cry 5's performance on this Golden Week (which will have by far the highest sales of the next two months) you think selling 4.5k a week consistently would be good for Labo? It would take around 45 weeks at that point to completely sell through the initial shipment.

Megiddo said:

So taking Far Cry 5's performance on this Golden Week (which will have by far the highest sales of the next two months) you think selling 4.5k a week consistently would be good for Labo? It would take around 45 weeks at that point to completely sell through the initial shipment.

Like I've said before, the goalpost moving for Labo is astounding. I have fully admitted that there is a chance it picks up this holiday season. But, for people to actually try to make its performance up until now seem good is ridiculous. Like you said, other games jumped 50%, while Labo only saw ~20%-25% growth, after a big drop last week. And now Top 15, even though 15th is always low, is good? Boy.