By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump pulls out of Iran nuclear agreement

loy310 said:
This guys only goal to appease his rabid base is to undo everything the former president have done, even if what he did saved the middle east from a country hell bent on destroying Israel with nukes.

Prime minister of Israel is against the deal and called it 'horrible'.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5252929,00.html

Netanyahu: deal enabling Iran to retain nuclear know-how 'a horrible deal'

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Superman4 said:

So we were able to inspect all site locations whenever we wanted to? No.  This deal was complete BS, if Iran wants peace they will still be open to talks.

Oh, I am sure they will still be open to talks but not with this US president.  Let just think about this for a second.  Trump did not do any negotiations, he violated a current treaty without the support of the other allies that signed it.

Iran deal was not a treaty because neither Iran nor the US-Senate ever signed it. It was just Obama's personal commitment with no validation.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/11/state-department-iran-deal-not-legally-binding-signed/

Obama Cures Cancer

Trump: Ctrl+Z

I mean seriously, this is this man's only motive. To undo everything Obama did and on his part, get nothing productive done, lol. Just 1.5 more years before we know who's replacing him.

And now we'll get people bitching about gas prices again, and why they're going up. I could fill up my tank for much cheaper than it was before the deal. There must be some benefit he saw for himself by pulling out because if he didn't, the Iran deal would have still been in place like NAFTA. NAFTA benefits people like Trump, so hell no he isn't getting rid of that deal that he claims was "the worst deal ever made". The hypocrisy of this man is stunning.

Ljink96 said:
Obama Cures Cancer

I mean seriously, this is this man's only motive. To undo everything Obama did and on his part, get nothing productive done, lol. Just 1.5 more years before we know who's replacing him.

And now we'll get people bitching about gas prices again, and why they're going up. I could fill up my tank for much cheaper than it was before the deal. There must be some benefit he saw for himself by pulling out because if he didn't, the Iran deal would have still been in place like NAFTA. NAFTA benefits people like Trump, so hell no he isn't getting rid of that deal that he claims was "the worst deal ever made". The hypocrisy of this man is stunning.

Obama never got close to curing cancer in a figurative sense or in a literal sense. All of his accomplishments were likely good for some other country but not for Americans. Obama made the mistake of trying to circumvent congress and all but one of his "accomplishments" are being undone with a signature. 

Aeolus451 said:
Ljink96 said:
Obama Cures Cancer

Obama never got close to curing cancer in a figurative sense or in a literal sense. All of his accomplishments were likely good for some other country but not for Americans. Obama made the mistake of trying to circumvent congress and all but one of his "accomplishments" are being undone with a signature. 

It was just an exaggeration..that's so obvious. At least I hope it was obvious. He had to circumvent congress because they were a bunch of stubborn republicans running the house, of course he couldn't get anything done. His "accomplishments" are much more in depth and thoughtful than Trump's sparratic actions. There is no standing up for Trump for me, he's done nothing good for the middle class that's for sure. Just makes the rich richer, and theoretically that should allow companies to hire more staff but that rarely happens as American Greed takes over. 

Obama at least allowed for people like me, at the time, to get health insurance and not die. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone but it at least helped someone. But this is why I don't generally get into politics, nobody is right and then we all end up looking silly defending what we think is right. I'll never learn.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Good deal on Trumps part. I applaud the decision.

Exactly.

This really was a horrible deal from the start that threw every US ally in the Middle East - the ones that actually feel threatened by Iran - under the bus. It allowed Iran the funds to expand into Syria and Yemen, making both conflicts far worse and setting up the current standoff with Israel, and all for a temporary pause in their nuclear program rather than putting a stop to it. If there were anytime anywhere inspections and no sunset clauses it would have at least dealt with the nuclear program properly even if Iran was free to wreak all the other havoc it's been wreaking. But it didn't even do that one thing.

Whether pulling out of the deal at this point was smart or not remains to be seen. If that pause button is no longer pressed things could escalate quickly, but at the same time it's still easier to deal with Iran's nuke program now than it would be when the JCPOA's restrictions expire starting in just 7 years.

Trump's been against this deal for years now, since long before the election. The bigger surprise to me is that he waited this long to scrap it.

The lesson for future presidents. Even if Congress is against you, listen to its complaints and try to incorporate them so that some will come over. If Obama could have gotten the Gulf states on board instead of ignoring them during the negotiations even the Republicans wouldn't have had a leg to stand on in opposing the deal. Bill Clinton learned to compromise with a republican congress that tried to impeach him. That's the model Obama should have followed (and Trump should follow if democrats retake congress).

Ljink96 said:
Aeolus451 said:

It was just an exaggeration..that's so obvious. At least I hope it was obvious. He had to circumvent congress because they were a bunch of stubborn republicans running the house, of course he couldn't get anything done. His "accomplishments" are much more in depth and thoughtful than Trump's sparratic actions. There is no standing up for Trump for me, he's done nothing good for the middle class that's for sure. Just makes the rich richer, and theoretically that should allow companies to hire more staff but that rarely happens as American Greed takes over. 

Obama at least allowed for people like me, at the time, to get health insurance and not die. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone but it at least helped someone. But this is why I don't generally get into politics, nobody is right and then we all end up looking silly defending what we think is right. I'll never learn.

I said in a figurative sense didn't I? That's a load of that superintendent's poo from New Jersey. Obama had the votes from dems during his presidency and he didn't utilize that period wisely. Later on, instead of trying to work with a  Republican controlled congress, he circumvented it. He was a horrible president.

Trump is undoing Obama's thoughtless legacy and making America a better place for everyone except for the media and dems. People know it and his popularity is only climbing. The polls show it. 

Ljink96 said:
Aeolus451 said:

at least allowed for people like me, at the time, to get health insurance and not die. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone but it at least helped someone. But this is why I don't generally get into politics, nobody is right and then we all end up looking silly defending what we think is right. I'll never learn.

I love how how people think health insurance didn't exist before Obama took office. Your "health insurance that helped you not die" was called the Affordable Care Act, which was an unconstitutional bill/law that was passed in order to fill the pockets government contracted insurance companies - Obama didn't give a shit about your health.

The reason it was unconstitutional was because the bill REQUIRED everyone (over the age of 21 I think) to have health insurance, regardless if you wanted it or not. Obama's law makers knew that American citizens in their 20's and early 30's had no interest in health insurance, which is ALOT of people. So to include these people in their new bill, they implemented a mandate requiring citizens to buy health insurance - or be hit with a Tax penalty every year that you're not. Fun fact: before Trump nixxed the mandate just last November - the tax penalty was almost $700, it was $400 when the law was officially in effect at the beginning of 2012. Basically - you were being fined for not having health insurance regardless if you wanted it or not.

That's like paying Auto insurance when you own a bike...

The Democratic party does not give a SHIT about American people, what can you honestly expect from the government party that fought and voted to KEEP slavery in America. 

The US reached the JCPOA together with the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the European Union, Russia, China, Iran, and unanimously endorsed by a United Nations Security Council Resolution. Their nuclear facilities is strictly monitored, and without the JCPOA, this monitoring and inspections would go away.

It is clear Trump just wants to undo everything Obama has done. I won't be surprise if he tries to revive Osama bin Laden. The guy is a freaking lunatic.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5