By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I choose...

Splatoon 1 15 20.27%

Splatoon 2 59 79.73%

Total:74

Now that we are getting / have gotten more content it is 2 for me. Gotta admit I was a bit salty at first since 2 seemed like just a rehash of 1 but then i played more Clam Blitz and Salmon Run and I really enjoy both. I've spent way more time with 2 than I did with 1.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Splatoon 1 had better tick rate.
Splatoon 2 has a better everything else.

I wonder.

Edit: actually, Splatoon 1 had a much better final boss too. That's about it.

What is tick rate?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

2 is overall superior of course, but the original has it's own style that makes it well worth playing still.

It's a close call for me.

I prefer the Squid Sisters over Off the Hook, and the first game had a much better final boss, but in the end I voted Splatoon 2 as it simply has more content and more variety therein, such as having a longer campaign where you can choose your weapons instead of only using the Hero Shot in the first game, plus the addition of Salmon Run, and the upcoming Octo Expansion.

Kinda surprised the poll is this one-sided, thought we'd have more Splatoon 1 voters.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 09 May 2018

Have 800 hours in splatoon 2.

Around the Network

I put some more time into Splatoon 2, and I can say that it is a better game than the first. It has way more content. I liked the SP more too.

Splatoon 2, never will I go back to the original.

i never played the first one, but i did enjoy the second one.

On a technical level, Splatoon 1 for sure, but 2 is more fun, and being on Switch makes literally everything better.

SW-5120-1900-6153

In overall fun, I may have to go with Splatoon 1.

Aside from Salmon Run and weapon customization, most things in Splatoon 2 while still very fun feel like back steps. The levels feel like they got cramp with less vertical stages and more un-inkable areas. Plus the single player mode doesn't feel as enjoyable due to the weapon requirements the first time around.

As a game, overall 2 is better but Splatoon 1 perhaps unfairly due to it being the first game seems like it has the better individual aspects.