By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 1 or 2?

I choose...

Splatoon 1 15 20.27%

Splatoon 2 59 79.73%

Total:74

Couldn't remember if I'd already done this one and the search topics option keeps giving me a blank screen, so what the heck.

Which do you think is better, the original Splatoon or its Switch sequel, and why?

Around the Network

I didn't have a WiiU, so Splatoon 2 for me.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

For me, Splatoon 2 is a damn disgrace. I owned the first one, buying it at launch and played it for well over a hundred hours (and still do). It's as advertised. Splatoon 2, on the other hand, took everything good about the game, removed it all in favor of casuals (I call it the Mario Kart effect) and sold it as something improved... when really, it's just gimped.

It really pained me to see my favorite shooter of the eight gen destroyed like that but, there ya go.

Splatoon 1.

Splatoon 2 felt kinda disappointing cause they didn't really add enough new content and as a result, I only invested like 50 hours into the game, while I invested well over 100 hours into the first one, cause it was a fresh new concept at the time.

Also Splatoon 2's tick rate is much worse than Splatoon 1's and considering Nintendo is gonna charge for online soon, that's just inexcusable.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Having played both, Splatoon 2 is just better. Still like the music from the first one more since it was catchier, but in general Splatoon 2 just has more of everything: nicer graphics (Especially that ink from the singleplayer mode), more modes, maps, clothes, etc. Also, it will have playable octolings in the future, which is something I've always wanted in the original but never got.

Around the Network

Splatoon 2. It's much more polished and also has more content and customization.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

S2! More content, looks better, can play handheld, more balanced, better abilities integration

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I remember a person here made a thread about how he likes 1 more than 2, and all I said was 2 is the same as 1 but with more content so yeah, 2 it is.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Never played Splatoon 1, love Splatoon 2.

For me it is simple.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Music  : 1

Overall : 2