By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New details about the Nintendo online services surfaces!

mZuzek said:
Mar1217 said:

You know, you could always ask them for cheap change if they wanna have online access on your console. You could end up paying less than the base subscription in the end.

It's not cheap change for that 9-year-old sibling or whatever.

Thankfully, this doesn't affect me. But it affects many people and it just sucks.

Then just consider this: the 35$ plan lets you share the subscription with 7 other accounts, so 8 in total.

How many households will have anywhere close to 8 accounts on their Switch? Just a select few, meaning you can go and share your subscription with your friends, too. And if you feel greedy, instead of giving it away to them, you can ask some money in return.

Around the Network

Suscribed.
389.00 pesos for a full year.

My guess is that Nintendo is going to push an online platform and later focus on that. Hardware will not be a main focus but this platform.

In some years, the moment you suscribe you will have an extense library to play. Of course they will charge more money per year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

mZuzek said:

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Then just consider this: the 35$ plan lets you share the subscription with 7 other accounts, so 8 in total.

How many households will have anywhere close to 8 accounts on their Switch? Just a select few, meaning you can go and share your subscription with your friends, too. And if you feel greedy, instead of giving it away to them, you can ask some money in return.

Can you really share the subscription with friends on different systems, though? I only read the OP and while it says you can, I assumed he got it wrong because I really struggle to believe Nintendo would do that, because it makes no sense, especially considering it's called a "Family membership", which would imply it's meant to be used in a single household.

How can Nintendo prove they are not part of your family?

Also, different systems shouldn't be a problem either - just imagine parents buying a Switch for each of their kids, don't think Nintendo would want to infuriate them.

The only real restriction I see would be same country/region

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 07 May 2018

In my family we have 3 switches and 5 accounts.
Can we pay a single 35 subscription for all switches and accounts?

mZuzek said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

How can Nintendo prove they are not part of your family?

Also, different systems shouldn't be a problem either - just imagine parents buying a Switch for each of their kids, don't think Nintendo would want to infuriate them.

The only real restriction I see would be same country/region

By being on a different system..? That was exactly my question. Is it really not limited to a specific system?

It can be in different systems. But I suppose there must be some restriction. There's no way that's that cheap, that's not the Nintendo that I know, lol.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 07 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Around the Network

so it's not console wide if you buy it for an account on the system, I wonder does that mean if I use a game from my US account with my main account will I not be able to play that game online, bit confusing a setup really, I'll be aware of buying any game with multiplayer from other regions for now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

alejollorente10 said:
mZuzek said:

By being on a different system..? That was exactly my question. Is it really not limited to a specific system?

It can be in different systems. But I suppose there must be some restriction. There's no way that's that cheap, that's not the Nintendo that I know, lol.

Well, it used to be 0$, so, was indeed cheap. 

jonathanalis said:
alejollorente10 said:

Well, it used to be 0$, so, was indeed cheap. 

Well, my mistake, I had forgotten that, lol

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

$20/year is pretty cheap IMO...I spend 3 times as much on PS+ and only really use it for Monster Hunter. Curious what games will be added as time goes on.

Yeah yeah...free would be better of course, but this whole thing has been known for a while now.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Nautilus said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

You think anyone playing a game like SSB wants their stats and online records fucked with like that? No one wants that shit.

You know you are really negative about everything?Its really annoying sometimes.It makes you seem like a 100 years old guy.

Answering your question, yeah it can be a bit annoying.But many play just for the sake of playing, so for many that wont be an issue.Im not saying its an ideal situation, but its not bad by any means considering the price.

If you think I complain about everything, it's only because you pay attention when I'm saying something you don't like. I own all three systems and say good and bad things about all three. Obviously, you only focus on the things you want to focus on.