By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New details about the Nintendo online services surfaces!

I mean it's cheap and I'm gonna be buying it anyway because of Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces... but I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed. Can we atleast have game invites done through the console and not some dumbass app?

It kind of baffling that someone, somewhere and  at some point in time thought that the app was a good idea and apparently still thinks that it is.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 07 May 2018

Around the Network

So basically, it's 35 dollars a month for anyone who's sharing their system with another person in their house... which is most people. 

I'll pass.

So they want people to pay for their online now but still won't even give their users a basic feature like voice chat built into the system....

I seriously don't understand their logic. If it's that they're worried about what some people say when playing online, so the only 'solution' they could come up with is to make it only available through an app, which looks like it makes it so much unnecessarily of a pain in the ass, why even fucking bother. 

At least it's cheap, but that's fucking dumb, come the fuck on Nintendo. That's only real downside from it all, the rest of it honestly seems fine. I would have liked for some sort of achievement system, but it's not like it needs one, plus that could always be added later as well.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 07 May 2018

Ok so far "free" games, cloud saves, and cheap

mZuzek said:
Also, to everyone saying it's cheap, I wouldn't quite say so. It's basically $35 a year per system, unless you only use on a single account - which sure, you can even if you share the console with other people, but it is a nuisance.

Just share the same account with the people around the house.Its mainly for online, so i dont see that much of an issue.

Its not like they will complete the game for you and spoil the story.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

So basically, it's 35 dollars a month for anyone who's sharing their system with another person in their house... which is most people. 

I'll pass.

Wut ? It's 20 bucks.

Nope. Twenty bucks if you don't plan on sharing your online with another person using your Switch. If you plan on that, it's 35 bucks.

mZuzek said:
Also, to everyone saying it's cheap, I wouldn't quite say so. It's basically $35 a year per system, unless you only use on a single account - which sure, you can even if you share the console with other people, but it is a nuisance.

It's $20, the $35 is for 7 (seven) accounts that are in a nominated family group (could be up to 7 Switch's) 

Last edited by Rab - on 07 May 2018

$20 a year is really nothing, so I don't see it as a big deal.

Nautilus said:
mZuzek said:

Just share the same account with the people around the house.Its mainly for online, so i dont see that much of an issue.

Its not like they will complete the game for you and spoil the story.

You think anyone playing a game like SSB wants their stats and online records fucked with like that? No one wants that shit.

-I hope at least that the payment service means that the connection is more stable.

-I am very curious to see the "deals and special offers". I hope this is not 30% shit or something like that, I expect at least a 50% discount on the games.

-I wanted SNES games.

-The "Family membership" stinks, is there any way to justify that? It seems kind of greedy to me.

-In general, a little disappointed. I really expected a little more for a payment service that was free for a long time. At least I hope the connection is more stable.

Last edited by alejollorente10 - on 07 May 2018

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10