By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New details about the Nintendo online services surfaces!

Oh damn I forgot all about this and I bought Rocket League for my Switch. RIP playing that game, because im not paying for a crappy online service.

Around the Network

What are cloud saves? Have no idea but so far, my decision to pay for this service doesn't seem too compelling. On the bright side, I'll be saving $20 so whatever.

"One per each Nintendo Account holder." Nintendo infuriates me.

TheBird said:
Oh damn I forgot all about this and I bought Rocket League for my Switch. RIP playing that game, because im not paying for a crappy online service.

You have until September to play online. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mar1217 said:
Might be worth it ... if you have some pocket change laying around

Is that for 1 year?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-switch-online-official-announcement-with-new-details/

"Nintendo Switch Online App*: The Nintendo Switch Online smartphone application can be used to enhance the online experience for compatible games through voice chat and other features."

Oh...

KLAMarine said:
What are cloud saves? Have no idea but so far, my decision to pay for this service doesn't seem too compelling. On the bright side, I'll be saving $20 so whatever.

Cloud saves are when your saves are uploaded to a server for access at anytime if you were to lose your saves due to your switch or sd card having a fault you still have your saves.

KLAMarine said:

The ability to save all your data on a Nintendo server, so that you can delete stuff from your console without fear of losing that data, or if you end up losing your console or damaging it beyond repair.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

As expected, it's still uber lame and uber greedy, now locking yet another essential and basic feature behind a paywall. Course I'm still going to pay though as I can't not play my games.

Wyrdness said:
KLAMarine said:

Cloud saves are when your saves are uploaded to a server for access at anytime if you were to lose your saves due to your switch or sd card having a fault you still have your saves.

Nautilus said:
KLAMarine said:

The ability to save all your data on a Nintendo server, so that you can delete stuff from your console without fear of losing that data, or if you end up losing your console or damaging it beyond repair.

Thanks, sounds useful. If this service came with cool, non-pay-to-win perks in current games then I would buy in but so far, not interested.