By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New details about the Nintendo online services surfaces!

Its all in the link:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Points of interest:

- The online service will be required for online play, as expected.Though it is especified that there can be exceptions to that rule.

- It seems that once you subscribe to the service, you will have full acess to a library of NES titles.At the moment it seems it will only be 20 titles at launch, and they all semm to include online functionalities.It should be noted however, there is no mention of it being the Virtual Console, or being part of that, so lets not jump the gun.

- Cloud saves will be included with the service.

- You need to buy the service to use the smarphone companion, as it will no longer be free after the service rolls out.

- There will be special offers for those subscribed to the service.

- The pricing is as follows:

$3,99 for 1 month

$7,99 for 3 months

S19,99 for 12 months

$34,99 for 12 months(Family Membership), in which you can share the service with seven other persons.I assume this might be a good deal if you have a lot of friends that have a Switch.

It should be mentioned that if you buy the individual membership, the service will be only tied, and thus functional, to the user that bought that service, but not to every user in the same Nintendo Switch system.That sucks.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 07 May 2018

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

So... a horribly gimped Virtual Console, cloud saves and basic online (which probably won't work very well given Nintendo's track record). At least there's cloud saves.

Oh dear lord, that leak may have been real then. I hope it isn't though. All I remember is the guy saying something would be revealed May 7th, and sure enough, it happened.

Medisti said:
So... a horribly gimped Virtual Console, cloud saves and basic online (which probably won't work very well given Nintendo's track record). At least there's cloud saves.

I fail to see how it's gimped when you get 20 games for $20 a year and they added online multiplayer. If anything else that sounds to me like a major step up then having to pay $8 for just one of those games. And odds are they'll be adding other games from previous systems down the line for virtually free, so I'm not complaining.

I wont argue those other two points though, it's a fair judgement

TH3-D0S3R said:
Medisti said:

I fail to see how it's gimped when you get 20 games for $20 a year and they added online multiplayer. If anything else that sounds to me like a major step up then having to pay $8 for just one of those games. And odds are they'll be adding other games from previous systems down the line for virtually free, so I'm not complaining.

I wont argue those other two points though, it's a fair judgement

It doesn't have anything but NES games, and only a select few of them. Online play sure will be useful in Legend of Zelda and many of those other "take-turns" kind of games like Super Mario Bros.

Around the Network
TH3-D0S3R said:
Oh dear lord, that leak may have been real then. I hope it isn't though. All I remember is the guy saying something would be revealed May 7th, and sure enough, it happened.

I hope it wasn't 100% real simply because the E3 that person described was really dissapointing imo.  Not that what they said is bad by any means, I just hope there's more than that.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 07 May 2018

It's interesting to say the least. At least there's cloud saves for those wanting it. It'll be interesting to see how online in NES games are implemented.

Cloud saves alone will make this a success.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

FloatingWaffles said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

I hope it wasn't 100% real simply because the E3 that person described was really dissapointing imo.  Not that what they said is bad by any means, I just hope there's more than that.

Definitely. That's the aspect that scared me the most. His E3 prediction was probably a solid B, but going into E3, I am expecting an A from Nintendo with the setup they have. Here's to hoping his leak was a hoax.

That is very cheap! Hopefully the online connections do improve.

Pocky Lover Boy!