By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

KH 2.8 is at 336. :(

Around the Network

Holy shit!, when was the last time we saw switch at #6? Pokemon ain't moving their spots.

dx11332sega said:
Rob5VGC said:
KH 2.8 is at 336. :(

How do you guys more than 100 rankings in amazon ? I only can check those of 100 :/

Check the Movers & Shakers section. You can see the overall ranking of the game when it appears there.

Megiddo said:
PS4 Days of Play Amazon Edition at #3 and PS4 Black Slim at #6

So while PS4 is dead on US it's beasting on JP right now.

Ps4 only dead in amazon US. Other retailers are getting good numbers, i even dare to say that ps4 got big chances to win NPD this month.

PS4 Slim at #3, PS4 pro at #4, and PS4 Days of Play Amazon Edition at #7, PS4 Slim White at #17 on Amazon JP.

What the hell is fueling this? There's no big games this week. Did Fortnite or PUBG get a PS4 Japan release or something? This is bonkers.

For reference, Neon Switch is at #6 and Grey Switch is at #16

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
PS4 Slim at #3, PS4 pro at #4, and PS4 Days of Play Amazon Edition at #7, PS4 Slim White at #17 on Amazon JP.

What the hell is fueling this? There's no big games this week. Did Fortnite or PUBG get a PS4 Japan release or something? This is bonkers.

Unlike US. Sony have good presence in Amazon Japan! Could this mean that they will beat Switch on the next MC? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pikachu and Eevee already moving Switch units 5 months before release

Jranation said:
Megiddo said:

Unlike US. Sony have good presence in Amazon Japan! Could this mean that they will beat Switch on the next MC? 

I really doubt  that it has a chance to beat the Switch but hopefully it gets a marked increase. Never seen PS4 this strong on Amazon JP before, and I still don't really know why it is.

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of reviews for Detroit, 148 at this point. For reference, Kirby Star Allies has 136 and Dark Souls Remastered for PS4 has 11. I'm definitely curious to see how much of a drop Detroit has in next week's MC as I think it's getting really good word of mouth right now.

nero said:
Holy shit!, when was the last time we saw switch at #6? Pokemon ain't moving their spots.

Well it did go to #5 for a bit yesterday but before pkmn i dont think it did except maybe during holidays, Mario Odyssey release and during launch.

Megiddo said:
Jranation said:

I really doubt  that it has a chance to beat the Switch but hopefully it gets a marked increase. Never seen PS4 this strong on Amazon JP before, and I still don't really know why it is.

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of reviews for Detroit, 148 at this point. For reference, Kirby Star Allies has 136 and Dark Souls Remastered for PS4 has 11. I'm definitely curious to see how much of a drop Detroit has in next week's MC as I think it's getting really good word of mouth right now.

Yeah people need to remember there's a reason Amazon JP is only casually tracked.  It has been right, but not all that often and rarely when it disagreed with other indicators and trends.  The only Amazon that exhibited long term predictive value unique to itself was Amazon US.  Hence the origins of these threads.  The Switch + Amazon's growing and shifting market share + whatever beef they have with Sony have obviously tainted this, but it was only ever the US site that was uniquely accurate to begin with.