By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOUR: Possible Nintendo Direct on May 7th?

zorg1000 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

In between S/M and Pokken is a very wide window, could mean it looks as good as PS3 game or only as good as a GCN game, but the big take away is that it doesn't look as good as Pokken. No way Pokemon Switch isn't on par with other 1st party releases I say.

Sure but when i here something is in between two things i tend to assume that means like right in the middle.

Is it even possible for it to look as good as Pokken? Pokken is an arena fighter with a couple dozen characters vs a semi-open RPG with hundreds of characters.

I could be wrong but i just dont think Pokken level visuals is a realistic expectation.

Absolutely! Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 2, and so ons look just as good as Pokken so mainline Pokemon can too especially since it doesn't need 60fps.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Wow, this guy nailed it. He said that Nintendo would announce online details on May 7th and they did. He said that Virtual Console wouldn't come to Switch and he was right. Guessing his E3 leak is right as well then.

This sound far more like educated guess than anything else, I mean Nintendo itself 10 days ago said that online informations are coming in early May and last week was holiday in Japan so begining of this week made most sense for informations. Also we already know that something strange going on with VC, that NES games are coming and that launch will be in September.

While about more specific things that he mentioned like  24. September like release date for online, GBA games with August release and SNES and N64 games being made available late 2018/early 2019. and Discord like chat service, we didn't had nothing of that.

I mean he probably is right about some things about E3 from his list, but that again is most likly more educated guess based on informations we have than true informations.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 09 May 2018

Ugh, despite getting things wrong, the guy is still saying his leak is real.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/415632849

Lonely_Dolphin said:
zorg1000 said:

Sure but when i here something is in between two things i tend to assume that means like right in the middle.

Is it even possible for it to look as good as Pokken? Pokken is an arena fighter with a couple dozen characters vs a semi-open RPG with hundreds of characters.

I could be wrong but i just dont think Pokken level visuals is a realistic expectation.

Absolutely! Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 2, and so ons look just as good as Pokken so mainline Pokemon can too especially since it doesn't need 60fps.

I'd be happy for it looking much less like Pokken for 1080p docked/720p undocked graphics. Pokken can look a bit muddy at times (especially in the background), which normally I don't care about, but with the mainline series the overworld is a lot more important and I'm used to the games while sometimes not having the most impressive visuals still being pretty well polished. 

Anyway I've always considered the direction of the Pokemon games is towards the anime's style and not realistic visuals. So cell shading for the most part will help to achieve clean, polished visuals.